Join for free
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

15-02-2021, 03:36 PM

Re: Last to post wins

I remember seeing the first Star Wars film when it came out - actually at the cinema and it was great, but not the same after the first 3.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 03:41 PM

I agree..it all became about the money, so the quality went downhill. I miss the cinema....would you go back after lockdown is lifted? Or are you happy watching movies at home? I think I wouldn't go back to the cinema now...its been too long and there are too many streaming sites.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Did I sound too Vulcan there, Tubby? I love StarTrek
At least it wasn't "For the Many, Not the Few" - Liebour Party mantra which was stolen from Spock.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 04:19 PM

Oooh heavens, now there's a question. I like the Klingon women, but I also like B'Elanna Toress - she's a bit fiesty. Seven of Nine is really cool too. So basically, I have no idea, hahaha! Not a fan of Major Kira, to be honest. What about you? Are you a fan (assuming you are?)
Certainly not Lursa or B'etor. Quark's Klingon wife Grilka wasn't half bad.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

15-02-2021, 04:25 PM

Oh...I don't know of him. I'll keep an eye out. I went off the trekkie path a bit when that series got made with the woman called Michael in it. It just wasn't *proper* Trek - looked too much like Star Wars for my liking. Not a fan of Star Wars....apart from Baby Yoda in Mandalorian. You seen that?
That series was crap. I stopped watching it after a few episodes. And another thing, the series was set before Star Trek the original series, yet that Starship was much more advanced than the Enterprise and could travel through space in the blink of eye instead of Warp speeds.

At least the Enterprise series tried to keep to the time-line of the Star Trek universe. And it had T'Pol in it, another bonus.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Certainly not Lursa or B'etor. Quark's Klingon wife Grilka wasn't half bad.
Ooooh, another Trekkie! Yes! Also I agree about the two women, but I admired their fierceness, not their....although I did think Quark was rather cute....from a distance.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

15-02-2021, 04:32 PM

That series was crap. I stopped watching it after a few episodes. And another thing, the series was set before Star Trek the original series, yet that Starship was much more advanced than the Enterprise and could travel through space in the blink of eye instead of Warp speeds.

Ugh I hate it when they do that - ruins the whole set up!

At least the Enterprise series tried to keep to the time-line of the Star Trek universe. And it had T'Pol in it, another bonus.

Good grief, what is it with you guys and strange women??
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

15-02-2021, 05:33 PM

[/B]

Good grief, what is it with you guys and strange women??
Not strange, exotic.

Better than the run-of-the-mill donkey jacketed wimmin in this thread.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

15-02-2021, 06:27 PM

Not strange, exotic.

Oh you wish....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 07:07 PM

Not strange, exotic.

Stop bigging them up Judd.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top