Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Re: Sir Cliff Cleared of Historic Sex Offences

On this one I agree.

I think as Cliff's sexuality was never determined somebody had it in for him. He indeed does look like a broken man.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:32 AM

Singer Sir Cliff Richard will face no further action over allegations of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.The Crown Prosecution Service said it had "carefully reviewed" the case and decided there was "insufficient evidence to prosecute".

No further action, insufficient evidence to prosecute... doesn't mean innocent of wrongdoing at all, that's the statement and you can read into it what you will.

Still, what do I know? What does any of us really know?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:32 AM

sorry, meant to edit not post again
LucyJ
New Member!
London, UK
LucyJ is female 

16-06-2016, 11:38 AM

I was so relieved to hear he had been cleared of the charges. But has this now been completely put to rest? Will they be able to look for more evidence and bring charges against him again? I don't think I could cope with hearing him having to deal with this over and over. Poor man.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Singer Sir Cliff Richard will face no further action over allegations of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.The Crown Prosecution Service said it had "carefully reviewed" the case and decided there was "insufficient evidence to prosecute".

No further action, insufficient evidence to prosecute... doesn't mean innocent of wrongdoing at all, that's the statement and you can read into it what you will.
I believe that is exactly what I said here !
Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No one is saying that he is innocent nor guilty of the accusations made, but to bring a case to court you need hard evidence, and perhaps there was none.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:47 AM

Still, what do I know? What does any of us really know?
There is certainly a price to be paid for being famous. Everyone is accountable and more so if you are famous. My gut reaction is Cliff is innocent unlike the chap yesterday
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:03 PM

So why is he on record as having been a regular visitor to Elm Guest House?
Operation Fernbank? Operation Yewtree? Kitty?
All this seems to have been forgotten...who knows the truth, we certainly don't.
That's the difficulty with historic sex abuse cases. The truth is too old and stale ..or conveniently buried.

Wait till he's dead ... perhaps someone will come out then and make an accusation. We'll all be appalled and remember (if we're still here) that back in 2016 the police investigated him and found nothing to charge him with.
By then it'll be a matter of compensation out of deceased's estate .. not justice.
LucyJ
New Member!
London, UK
LucyJ is female 

16-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's the difficulty with historic sex abuse cases. The truth is too old and stale ..or conveniently buried.

Wait till he's dead ... perhaps someone will come out then and make an accusation. We'll all be appalled and remember (if we're still here) that back in 2016 the police investigated him and found nothing to charge him with.
By then it'll be a matter of compensation out of deceased's estate .. not justice.
Sometimes people are just innocent and the poor man is having his name slaundered for no reason. Why are these things only coming out now about him?! Maybe people just want a bit of publicity for themselves and don't care about the life they ruin in the celebrity. Leave Cliff alone!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Never doubted for a moment he wouldn't be found innocent but sadly he looks a broken man these days

I'm so glad for him, and yes Julie, I agree he seems to look broken and older since all this business has been going on.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

16-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Yep, it'll all come out after he's gone...or maybe before.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top