Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:58 PM

Re: What in your opinion has the Brexit vote improved?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Inside he was brexit through and through.
Have you any evidence for that assertion?

The impression I got was that he was fully expecting a remain vote and was so shocked/upset when that didn't happen that he ran away like a coward.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's just so bloody tedious and long-winded. Makes me feel actually very nauseous sometimes listening to all those boring nobodies with their back stabbing and slanging matches

That's what they're hoping for. If Theresa the Appeaser concedes and allows a second referendum on the terms of her disastrous `Chequers Plan`, people will be so pissed of with all of the arguing and the total incompetence of this government to grasp the nettle and deliver what the majority voted for in the first place, there's bound to be a vote to remain and be once more tethered to that vast carbuncle of a kleptocracy.

A back-door win for the remain camp. Wouldn't surprise me if they made the result of any future referendum binding so we `Leavers` can't complain or undermine the vote as the `Remainers` have done with this one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Have you any evidence for that assertion?

The impression I got was that he was fully expecting a remain vote and was so shocked/upset when that didn't happen that he ran away like a coward.
Evidence? He called the referendum. So he lit the touchpaper. He made no effort to make friends with EU partners or change policy. I didn't vote for him but I did hope that I was wrong after the Brown fiasco. Alas gut instinct is rarely to be ignored.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:13 PM

But there should not be a second referendum. That's like saying the public don't know what they were doing when they voted as if we are all idiots.
It's done and that is that.
It's only the rich, wealthy bstards with money tied up who don't want it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's what they're hoping for. If Theresa the Appeaser concedes and allows a second referendum on the terms of her disastrous `Chequers Plan`, people will be so pissed of with all of the arguing and the total incompetence of this government to grasp the nettle and deliver what the majority voted for in the first place, there's bound to be a vote to remain and be once more tethered to that vast carbuncle of a kleptocracy.

A back-door win for the remain camp. Wouldn't surprise me if they made the result of any future referendum binding so we `Leavers` can't complain or undermine the vote as the `Remainers` have done with this one.
Sounds great.Would make us look a laughing stock but what has Brexit actually achieved thus far?

The only positive I've heard so far is that voters are more clued up about the clueless...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But there should not be a second referendum. That's like saying the public don't know what they were doing when they voted as if we are all idiots.
It's done and that is that.
It's only the rich, wealthy bstards with money tied up who don't want it.
They didn't but there shouldn't.

I have met people who said they didn't know what to vote for and were angry at the government for putting them in a position where they had to make a decision about something they don't understand. That's not everyone but it is the case with some of the electorate.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Sadly, you're right and I am depressingly aware of the possibility of such an outcome.

That would equate to the possible outcome that concerned most people in the early 1940s, and which so many people on the Continent actually suffered.

Perhaps I am exaggerating, and the EU might never become a complete dictatorship for the benefit of Germany and its lapdog and our effective enslavement. But then again, perhaps I'm not.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-09-2018, 11:31 PM

Evidence? He called the referendum. So he lit the touchpaper. He made no effort to make friends with EU partners or change policy. I didn't vote for him but I did hope that I was wrong after the Brown fiasco. Alas gut instinct is rarely to be ignored.
The only reason he called the referendum was that it was forced upon him by UKIP and, of course, the voters of this country.

He was hoping for a remain vote; the infamous persuasive leaflets he paid millions for and which he sent to every home in the country demonstrated that. If he wanted to leave the EU, why should he do that?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-09-2018, 11:33 PM

Sounds great.Would make us look a laughing stock but what has Brexit actually achieved thus far?
Brexit hasn't happened yet!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-09-2018, 11:34 PM

They didn't but there shouldn't.

I have met people who said they didn't know what to vote for and were angry at the government for putting them in a position where they had to make a decision about something they don't understand. That's not everyone but it is the case with some of the electorate.
If they didn't understand the pros and cons, despite all the evidence thrown at them during the run up to the referendum, they should not have voted either way.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top