Join for free
Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Solasch

don't you think it is about time you butt out of our nations affairs. You have made clear your views so now go worry about what is going to happen to your country when we leave

Of course it is so obvious your point of view.

You and others will have to give more of your income into EU funds to replace the shortfall we will leave .That means working longer hours for the same pay, well so be it that is your and your countryman problems you should already be partitioning your own government about it. OOP forgot it is not up to your government is it up to the unelected members of the EU who most of which don't even speak your language.

You should be asking your parliament what they have in place when we go, I suspect there don't have a clue. Maybe you should have a demonstration asking about your parliaments decisions as to what will happen. it will affect you in some way so you should really be worrying more about that than our arrangements
Thanks for the friendly advice. The nice thing about advice is that you don't have to follow it. Remember that advisory referendum?

You are way behind the times. If you had bothered to read my posts, and even reading a newspaper would have sufficed, than you would know the EU, and my country in particular, have been preparing for the UK exit since 2017. Time and again when remarks like yours came up on this forum, and you are number 39 to do so, is the discrepancy in preparing between EU and UK. Boris is trying to make up for theresa may's negligence, but still too late. Read report yellowhammer.

As to the payment. That too I have explained several times. If the UK's 11 bn is divided equally over the remaining 27 members, each has to pay 400 mln. For my country that is an 8% increase on our present 5 bn. Wir schaffen das!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
More kind words from the caring left. This time Labours Neil Coyle throwing insults at Piers Morgan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eil-Coyle.html
Hmm seems to be that Neil Coyle should lose his MP status entirely. Calling people a humbug is one thing but because these idiots are now resorting to proper foul language it just shows they are losing their argument. he should apologise to Morgan immediately for his unstable outburst.

Piers Morgan has a reputation (and experience) for being a 'badgerer' in getting his point across, but the thing is that he is usually always correct in what he is saying. The difference there is because he has common sense which is lost on politicians and their ilk.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Remember that Major got us into this mess to start with by signing the Maastricht Treaty without putting it to a people's vote so he's just protecting his 'baby'.
For those who want to know why john major should have taken legal advice before making this claim, look up
Order in council, and
Order of council,
and what both see to.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 06:17 PM

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the inner circle of the united front of opposition parties. Seems our wee Nicola has just confirmed the SNP would be happy for Jeremy Corbyn to be Prime Minister in waiting, ready for Boris's demise.

I wonder what Jo Swinson thinks of this after publicly declaring her intent to be the next Prime Minister?

Bet all is not milk and honey in their get-togethers.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Thanks for the friendly advice. The nice thing about advice is that you don't have to follow it. Remember that advisory referendum?

You are way behind the times. If you had bothered to read my posts, and even reading a newspaper would have sufficed, than you would know the EU, and my country in particular, have been preparing for the UK exit since 2017. Time and again when remarks like yours came up on this forum, and you are number 39 to do so, is the discrepancy in preparing between EU and UK. Boris is trying to make up for theresa may's negligence, but still too late. Read report yellowhammer.

As to the payment. That too I have explained several times. If the UK's 11 bn is divided equally over the remaining 27 members, each has to pay 400 mln. For my country that is an 8% increase on our present 5 bn. Wir schaffen das!
That we are not prepared Solly is our problem, not yours dont
you think?
As to the payments, that is not our only problem, a bigger
one is our trade deficit with eu! Both combined total well over
100 billion!
I am not concerned with how you cope with losing that amount
EVERY year? But since you mentioned it, sharing the burden
among the remaining 27, of whom probably 20 are either
bankrupt or tottering on the verge of!!
Do the sums???
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-09-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
As to the payments, that is not our only problem, a bigger one is our trade deficit with eu! Both combined total well over 100 billion!
I am not concerned with how you cope with losing that amount
EVERY year?
Regards Donkeyman!
Again donks, the deficit says nothing about the profits made on the goods. But do you think all trade, really all, will stop between EU and UK? Because that is what must happen for that deficit to dissappear.
The UK will have to sell £ 290 bn in goods to other countries than those in the EU. For goods in worth of £ 345 bn they will have to find buyers outside any of the countries in the EU. If you think that can happen within a decade or two, you are not aware of reality.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:58 PM

Again donks, the deficit says nothing about the profits made on the goods. But do you think all trade, really all, will stop between EU and UK? Because that is what must happen for that deficit to dissappear.
The UK will have to sell £ 290 bn in goods to other countries than those in the EU. For goods in worth of £ 345 bn they will have to find buyers outside any of the countries in the EU. If you think that can happen within a decade or two, you are not aware of reality.
I will exercise patience with you Solly as l quite like you!
So, here l go again?
1. We will not miss OUR trade with you at all, as it is allready
being funded by our trade elsewhere, as you said yourself??
2.You talk of profits on trade bwith eu? WE HAVE A DEFICIT
WITH EU! Do you understand? NO PROFIT!!!
3.Trade with eu may stop? But will slowly resume again once
we have left once reality takes hold in the eu and you start
giving uk some respect again! But it will never be on the same
terms as at present again
4.Plus! and very importantly! We get the benefits of OUR
fishing grounds back again!!
I hope you can at last understand Donkeynomics? It is
really so simple?
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-09-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I will exercise patience with you Solly as l quite like you!
So, here l go again?
1. We will not miss OUR trade with you at all, as it is allready
being funded by our trade elsewhere, as you said yourself??
2.You talk of profits on trade bwith eu? WE HAVE A DEFICIT
WITH EU! Do you understand? NO PROFIT!!!
3.Trade with eu may stop? But will slowly resume again once
we have left once reality takes hold in the eu and you start
giving uk some respect again! But it will never be on the same
terms as at present again
4.Plus! and very importantly! We get the benefits of OUR
fishing grounds back again!!
I hope you can at last understand Donkeynomics? It is
really so simple?
Regards Donkeyman!
I will exercise the same patience with you, but your donkeynomics may be simple, but is really at fault.
1. The trade deficit with the EU is balanced by a trade surplus with the USA. That still requires the 290 bn export to the EU and your 345 bn import.
To relinquish the trade deficit with the EU requires that you import less or export more, or a combination.
2. The amounts traded have different levels of profit. Let's make an imaginary calculation. The 345 bn of goods british retailers import, have been produced in the various EU countries at a total cost prize of say 310 bn. So as a whole EU countries make a profit of 35 bn.
The 290 bn goods the UK sold in the EU countries were oroduced at a cist price of 250 bn£. So the UK as a whole makes a profit of 40 bn.
So, even when the trade balance is negative for the UK is negative, you can be the ones making the bigger profit. Donjeylogics!
3. As farage said, trade will continue on wto terms. Depending on height of tarifs the balance shifts.
4. In theory yes, but as you sold
Sorry have to shut of. John Bercow is on dutch television. This I have to see

Okay, back.

4. As long as you keep buying the fish the brits consume from the EU, nothing seriously changes.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-09-2019, 11:09 PM

I will exercise the same patience with you, but your donkeynomics may be simple, but is really at fault.
1. The trade deficit with the EU is balanced by a trade surplus with the USA. That still requires the 290 bn export to the EU and your 345 bn import.
To relinquish the trade deficit with the EU requires that you import less or export more, or a combination.
2. The amounts traded have different levels of profit. Let's make an imaginary calculation. The 345 bn of goods british retailers import, have been produced in the various EU countries at a total cost prize of say 310 bn. So as a whole EU countries make a profit of 35 bn.
The 290 bn goods the UK sold in the EU countries were oroduced at a cist price of 250 bn£. So the UK as a whole makes a profit of 40 bn.
So, even when the trade balance is negative for the UK is negative, you can be the ones making the bigger profit. Donjeylogics!
3. As farage said, trade will continue on wto terms. Depending on height of tarifs the balance shifts.
4. In theory yes, but as you sold
Sorry have to shut of. John Bercow is on dutch television. This I have to see

Okay, back.

4. As long as you keep buying the fish the brits consume from the EU, nothing seriously changes.
Obfuscation by means of excessive tampered data again
Solly?!!!
Donkeyman!
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

27-09-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the inner circle of the united front of opposition parties. Seems our wee Nicola has just confirmed the SNP would be happy for Jeremy Corbyn to be Prime Minister in waiting, ready for Boris's demise.

I wonder what Jo Swinson thinks of this after publicly declaring her intent to be the next Prime Minister?

Bet all is not milk and honey in their get-togethers.
Luckily, all is unicorn milk and honey on the so-called government benches. Theresa May managed to reduce her majority from 17 to nothing, Boris took things further and sacked off another 21 MPs, thus ensuring his administration could achieve nothing. The good news is that if he carries on alienating his own side, he will eventually whittle his party down to a small hard core of true believers who totally agree with his distorted vision of Brexit. By that time they will all have to lie lengthwise in the chamber, like Rich-Mogg, in order to fill the benches.

Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top