Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:51 PM

Re: Intelligence

I don't have great intelligence
but I do know lots about certain subjects.
So although it's not flowing permanently...
I do give out the odd gem or two!

Apparently my EQ score was huge!
(that is the Emotional Quotient) It is beginning to be perceived as the greater of the two intelligence measures
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:57 PM

Some examples. A highly intelligent person may be uneducated and appear concrete and simple in their thinking. But give them a practical and complex probelem to solve and they will ace it in seconds. I don't mean a savant or "rain man". JUst somebody who is not "polished"..or rich. But they still have an IQ higher than most at Oxford, Harvard or Sydney University. Also there is the Dunning Kruger principle. the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. THeir sometimes high level of entitlement, confidence or just plain arrogance, priviledge and bluster can not only make them appear more capable than they are but also enable them to convince many others that they are more capable, knowledgeable or competent than they are. I'll let the rest of you think of the most blaring example of this kind of person in recent history. Rhian I think emotional intelligence is at least equally important and useful as any other kind. You should feel very good about yourself.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:57 PM

EQ is high maintenance, IQ isn't.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Noooo
Ya just need to be chilled s'all!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

Waddaya mean??...A person with high EQ is superior in their ability to understand or empathise with others. They are also less inclined to judge everybody before actually listening to what they have to say. Or sometimes even knowing them. They are people that communicate with others at their level and take their field of experience into account. They are good listeners. IQ in my opinion is nothing more than the score you get when you do an IQ test. I think Rhian is on the right track here
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 11:09 PM

Can't speak for anyone else, done the EQ, done the IQ, one is more consistent than the other.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-12-2020, 11:09 PM

Over a long time period of course.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

02-12-2020, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Waddaya mean??...A person with high EQ is superior in their ability to understand or empathise with others. They are also less inclined to judge everybody before actually listening to what they have to say. Or sometimes even knowing them. They are people that communicate with others at their level and take their field of experience into account. They are good listeners. IQ in my opinion is nothing more than the score you get when you do an IQ test. I think Rhian is on the right track here

Why thank you chuck!
it has always been the way I roll..

..because my Mam n Dad used to beat us unless we were kind to others

Joke obvs!
keezoy
Australia

03-12-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Why thank you chuck!
it has always been the way I roll..

..because my Mam n Dad used to beat us unless we were kind to others
Joke obvs!

I likes da way you roll too!..And sorry Spit. I didn't realise you were talking about yourself. My bad
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 04:28 PM

Surely, a successful illiterate person who signs their name with an ‘X’ can be deemed as having some intelligence, just by their achievement and success?

I would say, people can be intelligent in different ways. I have known really brainy people but are thick when it comes to doing normal every day things.
Some brainy people can’t even pass their driving test!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top