Join for free
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 11:55 AM

Re: American Cops - again

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am just amazed people still give young children toy guns to play with in the first place. My son certainly never had one.
There are millions of other toys to amuse kids, so why a gun?
Probably buy the ghetto kids toys for them to practice shooting the police and "yt" with for when the kids get old enough - like maybe ten?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Probably buy the ghetto kids toys for them to practice shooting the police and "yt" with for when the kids get old enough - like maybe ten?

I don't think they should even make toy guns, Todger.
Then the kids wouldn't be able to play at shooting each other.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't think they should even make toy guns, Todger.
Then the kids wouldn't be able to play at shooting each other.
That wouldn't stop them. They'd use their hands as pretend guns like their big sisters and brothers do to each other as a threat and very often a promise.

They're just tribal and uncivilised.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That wouldn't stop them. They'd use their hands as pretend guns like their big sisters and brothers do to each other as a threat and very often a promise.

They're just tribal and uncivilised.
It's true, AT, as, when we were kids, we came out of the Saturday afternoon matinee westerns riding pretend horses and firing pretend guns at each other.

Later we had model toy cowboy guns and ran around playing havoc with those.

Then came the magic line - as we grew out of the toy guns, very few took up the use of real guns. Maybe because of strict licensing, maybe because only farmers could buy them.

Whatever happened, and I'm not completely sure what it was, we didn't progress to the deadly stuff.

Maybe that's been changing with the smuggling in of weapons (there were many in Moss Side Manchester, it's said) but something worked here.

Maybe National Service was a factor, educationally?

However, I am amazed how much the movies play up gun use.
Late night movies seem to glorify heroes who shoot a hundred baddies in one night!

The psychology is being changed - for the worse!

Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
However, I am amazed how much the movies play up gun use.
Late night movies seem to glorify heroes who shoot a hundred baddies in one night!

The psychology is being changed - for the worse!

Yes, the media and the modern film producers have a lot to answer for. They always say that most people know it's all 'make believe' but ignore the fact that there's millions of people in the slums and ghettos of this world who are NOT normal and who are influenced by what they see on the movie screen.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Yes, the media and the modern film producers have a lot to answer for. They always say that most people know it's all 'make believe' but ignore the fact that there's millions of people in the slums and ghettos of this world who are NOT normal and who are influenced by what they see on the movie screen.

Spot on Losos, TV, Movies and computer games have flooded the airwaves and homes with gratuitous violence. It only takes one nutter to get ideas.

Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top