Join for free
Page 348 of 370 « First < 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 02:09 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

After a couple of awkward runs this week I wasn't expecting too much this morning. In fact, with rain on the window and a sore toe I could have turned over and gone back to sleep. But Sunday would not be Sunday if I didn't go for a run, any distance is preferable than no run......

So I laced up the running shoes (under the watchful eye of Maddie the cat, she's just fascinated by laces) pulled on my shorts and waterproof, and set off for a six mile steady jog....

It still felt awkward and mechanical but I persevered and was soon out in the country avoiding puddles and mud blobs left by the tractors preparing the fields for spring. The pain in my toe reduced the further I went, and I wondered how bad it would really get if I didn't go out and use it....

By the time I reached the road junction (for a six, or an eight) I don't know why I did it, I just went for the eight....To be honest, the steady pace I had adopted actually felt good and I arrived home feeling refreshed and satisfied that I had made the effort. It even stopped raining half way round....

Sorry Mags, doctors don't know much.....
They treat everyone the same and seventy year old blokes shouldn't be running, in their eyes. I walk into the surgery and tell them I'm having trouble with my big toe when I run, and they shout 'Next!'.....
I shall go for my blood test tomorrow though and see if Gout is indeed the problem...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Just started today on a daily walk to get ready and fit for the holidays, that is providing the river cruise is still going due to this damn virus.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just started today on a daily walk to get ready and fit for the holidays, that is providing the river cruise is still going due to this damn virus.
We are due to sail on a Baltic cruise in May with P&O realspeed, Providing the ship is sailing and the cruise is not cancelled, I'll be on it.....
I have just received an email from P&O offering us another £400 onboard spend as well as the £170 each we were already getting....Let's hear it for P&O......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-03-2020, 10:41 PM

Would you believe that all my years of Fell Running I never actually climbed the highest mountains in the UK. Snowdon, Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike....So I'm going to set the record straight....

And in 2017 I had a quick ascent of Snowdon....
And this year for my seventieth birthday in July I intend to give Scafell Pike a run for its money....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:54 AM

Had to curtail my 30000 steps a day in light of current events, so far done 3500 steps walking the dog, then had a bash on the rowing machine and spin cycle.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Mine is as follows.
1 get up at 07.30 hrs
2 come downstairs, make a drink and smoke a cigarette.
3 08.15 hrs drive wife to work at the local hospital.
4 08.25 hrs collect paper, cigs and loaf from local shop
5 08.35 hrs return home, feed dog, make another drink, light another cigarette and switch on my laptop.
there endeth my exercise routine for the day. lol
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2020, 12:03 PM

Nice work Spitty, but I'm not too sure about sparky's fitness regime...

I was out on the road for 6:30 am in surprisingly mild and settled weather, just a shower apparently during the night but not enough to make puddles or mud on the off road bits.

Not a soul in sight as I left the village, but a few cars on the main road, probably NHS workers going to work at the hospital or bagging a bargain at the local Tesco. I heard that the police had set up a roadblock yesterday questioning everyone's reason for being out.....

The lane was equally devoid of people except for the two regular dog walkers I normally pass, but even they seemed to give me a wider birth than usual.

I arrived home in a poor time due to an aching toe joint, but at least I went out.....

30 pressups and five minutes of eyeballs out on the exercise bike has just about seen me off for the rest of the day, so it'll be easy to slob around the house now and think about what happened here today....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 01:37 PM

Foxy, total paces for yesterday was 12300, just over a third of a normal day, but, that is good as I am only partaking in my essential job for the foreseeable future.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Foxy, total paces for yesterday was 12300, just over a third of a normal day, but, that is good as I am only partaking in my essential job for the foreseeable future.
That comes out at almost 7 miles Spitty assuming each step is a yard long....Good going by any standards....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 12:33 AM

Walked up and down the stairs a number of times. Took the dog for 1/8th of his walk. Now the dog walking is currently the main exercise I have but he saw a fox after the 1/8th point and nearly pulled me right over in his tazmanian devil rage. That was the end of walkies. Far more foxes around now we are in lockdown which makes dog walking quite stressful.

Planning to start online yoga tomorrow so will hopefully be able to show real exercise every day instead of just walking around the house and garden.

Page 348 of 370 « First < 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top