Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 10:42 AM

Re: Kitchen renovation

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Have you got a Magnet near you?
Far superior to most other high street suppliers.
Have you spoken to any fitters yet? Some won't fit certain kitchen packs.
I would agree with that, although I hasten to add I fitted it myself.
I walked into our local Magnet at the right time, I bought a showroom kitchen complete with fridge freezer, sink and taps, dishwasher in fact the only thing missing was a hob, cost £500, I did have to dismantle the showroom, which we did in an afternoon.
This was after having quotes from £6,000 to £9,000 fitted complete, needless to say we were over the moon.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Very useful if you have or can learn the necessary skills.

I don't know how people get local recommendations anyway, it'd depend on happening to know someone who'd had anything similar done recently and been happy with the results. I hardly ever hear anyone I know recommend anyone, they are much more likely to talk about the things that went wrong.

And wouldn't you be worried about recommending anyone? If you did and then the next job didn't go so well your friend etc. might hold you responsible.

(In my last house I had some doors replaced and a birdhouse put up, the work was done well so I had no hesitation in recommending the carpenter to friends, but whatever she did for them was not to their liking.)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Homebase have got a sale on at the moment:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/static/...s/kitchen-Sale
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 12:13 PM

The sale would probably only apply to things ordered for delivery before the 20th January, and I wouldn't have anywhere to store them until they can be installed.
Lila
London UK

13-01-2016, 04:43 PM

Well, I don't think it'll be Homebase.

But it may just be the fault of their salespeople, not of the products or the installers.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Well, I don't think it'll be Homebase.

But it may just be the fault of their salespeople, not of the products or the installers.
Any particular reason why Homebase was unsuitable .....
Lila
London UK

13-01-2016, 05:43 PM

Well the saleswoman I was supposed to see was very late (too many other customers) and rude. They are probably understaffed and overworked but then they should have given me an appointment another day.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-01-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Well the saleswoman I was supposed to see was very late (too many other customers) and rude. They are probably understaffed and overworked but then they should have given me an appointment another day.
Fair enough .....
Lila
London UK

15-01-2016, 09:46 AM

I've short-listed 3 of the companies that have replied to my ad in "My Builder". Of course that doesn't mean that they'll turn up, or that I'll hire them if they do.
Lila
London UK

18-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Learned something new today. You have to have a 30 cm worktop on each side of a cooker, by law, apparently.

So will have to totally rethink my plan.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top