Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 06:26 PM

Senior Citizens Services

Has anyone heard of them, or used them for jobs around the house? I have submitted a contact form to say I would like a painter and electrician for jobs here, but do not yet know if they are available around here (though they did advertise in my local free paper).

I have just had my painter quote for painting the walls up stairs and top and bottom, and two doors, but he is unavailable for 3 weeks. And as the small area at bottom of stairs is dark, I am also asking if an electrician would be able to install a light on the wall there, maybe feeding from the nearby light switch. I don’t know if that is possible, but you gotta ask, eh?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 06:41 PM

Re: Senior Citizens Services

Found this website with a search if it's of any use to you. I hadn't heard of it myself but do know local councils often have a service like this for older people:

https://www.seniorcitizenservices.co.uk

You could always check it out with somewhere like Citizens Advice or Age UK.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 07:03 PM

Yes I’ve looked at the website. That is how I sent in the form!!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes I’ve looked at the website. That is how I sent in the form!!
Whoops, sorry Jazzi. When I read you saw them advertised in your local free newspaper that is how I presumed you had contacted them. However, me giving that link might be of use to others who also may need some help, nothing lost and a lot could have been gained.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-07-2020, 08:39 PM

Yes that's true Baz. The newspaper article actually gave the website address which prompted me to go take a look. I posted here to ask if anybody had used them in the past.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 11:42 PM

I haven't heard of that one Jazzi, so it will be interesting to hear how you get on.

If you don't get much joy with them, there is this one - which is supposed to be backed by British Gas:

https://www.localheroes.com/

Or this Handyperson service by Age UK:

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/in...rson-services/
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-07-2020, 09:25 AM

Thanks Mups. The franchise owner called around 8.30 this morning, waking me from a dream! Lol. He hopes to call round this evening about tea time, and can start in a couple of weeks time if I accept their quote.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I haven't heard of that one Jazzi, so it will be interesting to hear how you get on.

If you don't get much joy with them, there is this one - which is supposed to be backed by British Gas:

https://www.localheroes.com/

Or this Handyperson service by Age UK:

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/in...rson-services/
I have used Age UK, a decorator from the yellow booklet of approved tradesmen they supply on request and he was alright
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have used Age UK, a decorator from the yellow booklet of approved tradesmen they supply on request and he was alright

That's worth knowing, Meg.
Thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top