Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 06:37 PM

Does anyone eat much Red Meat These Days!

I was just checking my Butchers delivery list for next week and it just occurred to me how long it has been since I last bought Beef or Lamb! I do still buy British minced Beef for my Shepherd's Pies these days. but that is it.

I wonder why this is? It's certainly not that I don't absolutely love Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pud and Horseradish Sauce, or Roast Leg of Lamb with Mint Sauce or Mint Jelly. I drool just thinking about them.

Looking at my list, I have Gammon Joint, Pork Sausages, Bacon rashers, Whole Chickens, Chicken Breast,s and Pork Loin Chops.

I seem to recall months ago, grumbling to myself over the price of Welsh Lamb. It was something like £11 for half a leg! and Lamb chops were just as expensive. Beef wasn't much cheaper. Perhaps that's why.

I'm fortunate that it's definitely not a case of not being able to afford to buy Lamb or Beef, but I simply refuse to pay that sort of money for what would be one meal plus the pooches having left overs. I can get two Gammon joints or two whole fresh Britiish Chickens for the same price.

Why has Lamb and Beef been priced beyond the means of many? I want so much to support our British Farmers but not at any price!

How about you? Do you still buy Lamb and Beef often?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 07:35 PM

Re: Does anyone eat much Red Meat These Days!

I eat red meat in Pukka pies and a fair amount of ham, which I think is also classed as red meat? Sausages sometimes too. Occasionally minced beef as well (less than 5% fat).

No joints or cuts of red meat these days.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 07:44 PM

Beef sometimes but more often chicken.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 07:51 PM

Hi

We both import and export lamb.

http://beefandlamb.ahdb.org.uk/marke...rade-balances/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:14 PM

Oooh, l had a rib-eye steak for my dinner tonight. Should l feel guilty?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oooh, l had a rib-eye steak for my dinner tonight. Should l feel guilty?
Had pizza tonight..........!
Guilty? Nah.............
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:26 PM

My dealer gives me a good deal on Polish pork.

blx to British Farmers. I know where to find better.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:28 PM

Beef joint and Lamb are extremely expensive, I think, particulalry lamb. I asked my butcher not so long ago why lamb was so expensive. He said that because the EU is prepared to pay top prices for our lamb , because it;s the best in the world, the price is not reduced for us. Why would they ?
New Zealand lamb although nice has a wet skin, where as Welsh lamb has a dry skin... and don't ask what difference that makes, because I didnt ask.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:55 PM

Very rarely eat red meats, mince in a cottage pie thats about it,maybe some stewing steak in the winter occasionally.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:56 PM

We have rib eye steak every other Saturday .
Love it so much .
Smile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top