Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
emily_xo
New Member!
United States
emily_xo is female 

22-07-2020, 10:08 PM

My music

Hi everyone!

I am currently a freelance singer/songwriter. I have written various songs and sung them. I've been doing that for 4 years now. And it's something that I really love. Singing is my passion! Here is just one of my songs:

https://youtu.be/VMLZr8fNdvY
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 11:56 PM

Re: My music

Emily just call me Simon or Mr Cowell for short..
I can see and hear that you have really gone into this in a big way.

But and this is the first but "Your voice is not strong enough at present and looking at your picture you are not in the ripe old age era where you cannot do anything about it.
So perhaps for the time being I feel you should stick to writing and also take class's in strengthening that voice box.
You song sounds good in most places just the times you run out of steam and your voice drops.
I am sure you can do it,just be patient and don't rush it.

By all means still write and post those songs,have you tried a friend or two singing beside you to take the strain off,that might help.

I am sorry but I won't be slamming my hand down on the Golden Buzzer tonight.
emily_xo
New Member!
United States
emily_xo is female 

23-07-2020, 01:16 AM

Hello,

Well I just signed off Facebook and a good number people on there have told me my voice is beautiful. My voice is not deep and sultry it is small like a child's. Also that is my style of singing. With so many artists out there who aren't really singing...when compared my voice is gorgeous. I think it's just you, honestly. But thank you for the feed back!

Oh and by the way, a big record label told me I have great potential and that I sound great!...so honestly, it's just you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:33 AM

I listened to both songs ... and I actually liked the other one , the Wind, better, though a sultry voice is a must for that one.

Did you really write them both yourself?
If you think your voice is gorgeous, fine ... myself, I can only second Longfellow's advice. Your voice is too weak and wobbly when it comes to sustaining a note but a big record label knows best and it might not matter with the magic they can do in recording studios these days.

Good luck.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:45 AM

Sorry but I agree with the others here. You can’t sing in tune so won’t do as a professional vocalist but if you enjoy doing this then keep doing it. It doesn’t really matter what anyone thinks. I’m a musician also. I play the piano, alto and soprano saxophones and sing. At the moment I’m doing some recordings with GarageBand. I’m not as confident as you and I’ve been playing saxophone and singing for decades now.
Wishing you the best of luck.
emily_xo
New Member!
United States
emily_xo is female 

23-07-2020, 03:06 AM

Ok...thanks everyone!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 07:00 AM

Sorry Emily but you are completely out of tune.
emily_xo
New Member!
United States
emily_xo is female 

23-07-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Lol. I'm not. But thank you fir the feedback!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
i agree LD .
Some people in the mistaken belief that they are doing people a favour tell those who can't sing well that they can .
I would prefer someone gave me an honest opinion rather than they try to spare my feelings .

Anyone who wishes to sing should do so for their own pleasure but it is not wise to assume your voice is better than it actually is .
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 08:39 AM

I'm not quite sure the over 50's forum is the right platform any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top