Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 11:33 PM

Bottled Water

Does anyone know how safe bottled water is?

I know it is thought that the plastic containers release nasty chemicals if left laying in sun - like when left in hot cars, or the cyclists who fix them to their bicycles etc, but do we know if the water is safe otherwise?

I was looking at some in a supermarket earlier this week, and it had an expiry date of 2022 on it.

How can water be safe kept for that length of time?

I know if I poured some tap water into a plastic bottle and screwed the top on, no way would I drink it 2 years later!

So what do they do to shop bought bottled water to preserve it?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 11:43 PM

Re: Bottled Water

I really don't know, but I do buy it & drink it.
I Googled....
https://www.buxtonwater.co.uk/faqs/storage-information
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I really don't know, but I do buy it & drink it.
I Googled....
https://www.buxtonwater.co.uk/faqs/storage-information

Thanks for that Tiff, I will have a read.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 12:46 AM

That water has been around for millions of years I wonder why it suddenly expires in 2022?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 02:47 AM

Our tap water is not nice to drink, (to me) and I buy the Volvic flavoured water, the lemon n lime one, the one with no added sugar (blue lid). It's really refreshing I find. Everytime I go out with the dog I fill a bottle from the tap so he has a drink when he gets back to the car, I always put it out of the sun's way to stop it heating up. He drinks the lot so it must taste OK to him.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 08:44 AM

I’ve often wondered that Mups.

But I have to carry drinking water around with me, when taking the dog, as she asks for it several times. She’ll stop and lick her lips, or do that when I ask ‘water?’
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That water has been around for millions of years I wonder why it suddenly expires in 2022?
Im sure you know why Brucy??
Wont you share your knowledge with us?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 10:20 AM

Hi

Bottled water takes 3 litres of water to produce one litre of bottled.

The world has gone mad.

Massive use of plastics.

The only bottled water I drink in the Uk is San Pellegrino, and that is in glass bottles.

I drink bottled water only in those Countries where tap water is unsafe for drinking.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I would imagine because you are taking it out of its natural environment and putting it in an unnatural one Bruce.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-08-2020, 02:43 PM

Thank you for the replies folks, but no one has answered my question asking what is done to bottled water to preserve it?

If you put ordinary tap water into a bottle and kept it in the cupboard, would you dare drink it two years later, like we do the bottled we buy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top