Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 04:07 PM

Re: Barnier Spits his Dummy Out

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
I can very well imagine that. To be honest in a way I like to hear/view this Ian Blackford because (attention: naive view ahead) he seems to me like a brave small knight who stands up alone against the giant dragon.

Scotland should not raise their glasses too soon I think when it comes to a potential EU membership. It is unclear wether Scotland would be accepted as a member so easily.
I love your description of Ian Blackford, I think you've got it almost spot on there I have him more like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

Senior SNP members have been told and shown no end of times about EU membership by some in their own party but they have closed their ears and eyes to reality.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 04:59 PM

I can very well imagine that. To be honest in a way I like to hear/view this Ian Blackford because (attention: naive view ahead) he seems to me like a brave small knight who stands up alone against the giant dragon.
He's not a brave small knight; he's nothing more than a cracked record! Whenever he stands up to say his piece in the Commons, there's an almost audible sigh of "oh no", before he rattles on boringly, yet again, about Scottish independence. It's all he talks about, day after day.

Scotland should not raise their glasses too soon I think when it comes to a potential EU membership. It is unclear whether Scotland would be accepted as a member so easily.
It is common knowledge that the EU would not accept an independent Scotland as a new member, simply because they cannot afford to support yet another financial black hole.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Thank you everyone for todays very friendly thread.
I have learned a lot and I would like to see more of these constructive debates in this Brexit forum.

Now I will logout for today and wish eberybody a nice evening
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 06:22 PM

My impression was that there simply was no common view/interest and therefore everybody could only say what they did not want.
Nobody agreeing with another party/group/speaker does not prevent the formulation of what one does want. If everybody states what he/she wants it may not produce a common ground, but at least everybody knows what the other party wants.
The problem in the HoC on debating withdrawal terms was that nobody even knew what he/she him/herself knew what they wanted.

In the negotiations on the future relationship and trade, they amended that. They now know what they want. But they ignore the fact that it is not on offer.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top