Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:41 AM

Good News for a Clean Break Brexit

Published today on Guido.

https://order-order.com/2020/08/25/r...ay-or-another/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 12:17 PM

Re: Good News for a Clean Break Brexit

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Quoting the last sentence of the article:
David Frost has the backing of the British Cabinet and he means what he says…

That seems the problem with present negotiations, because
Michel barnier has the backing of the europarliament and he means what he says...

There is no common ground, so no room for a deal, unless parties take a step back. Poor boris, no deal will make the tories forcing him to step back in february.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Quoting the last sentence of the article:
David Frost has the backing of the British Cabinet and he means what he says…

That seems the problem with present negotiations, because
Michel barnier has the backing of the europarliament and he means what he says...

There is no common ground, so no room for a deal, unless parties take a step back. Poor boris, no deal will make the tories forcing him to step back in february.
Wrong again Solly !!
Boris goes, the tories go with him??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 03:24 PM

Nice one Bread. Spiked-online is worth a read too (quoted in your Guido link): https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...gainst-brexit/ Just goes to show our "un-Civil" Service is STILL trying to cause Brexit to fail.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Nice one Bread. Spiked-online is worth a read too (quoted in your Guido link): https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...gainst-brexit/ Just goes to show our "un-Civil" Service is STILL trying to cause Brexit to fail.

Cummings will sort out the Civil Service with David Frost.

Thanks for the link I'll have a look
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Wrong again Solly !!
Boris goes, the tories go with him??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
If the tories feel the heat, they'll sacrifice boris without a second thought. And another tory will take up the banner of misery and austerity.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-08-2020, 06:13 PM

Have you read the text in the white window?

Autonomy over alignment
The government is committed to ending any role (beyond that set out in the withdrawal agreement) for the etc.

Don't you wonder what the WA has set out as a role for the ECJ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 08:28 PM

That sounds ideal, except for:
"The Government is committed to ending any role (beyond that set out in the Withdrawal Agreement)...

I wonder what 'roles' are set out in the WA. Is there something hidden in there which keeps us under the EU thumb even after we have left?
After all, we shouldn't forget that the WA was organised by Traitor May.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy to see that the government seems to be accepting the likelihood of a no-deal Brexit and is preparing for it.

However, I don't completely trust the government, and certainly don't trust the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-08-2020, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
"The Government is committed to ending any role (beyond that set out in the Withdrawal Agreement)...

I wonder what 'roles' are set out in the WA. Is there something hidden in there which keeps us under the EU thumb even after we have left?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy to see that the government seems to be accepting the likelihood of a no-deal Brexit and is preparing for it.

However, I don't completely trust the government, and certainly don't trust the EU.

In short, two sets of roles.

On agreements struck until the end of transition, the ECJ has jurisdiction for 4 years after the end of transition.

On matters concerning the ireland protocol, the ECJ has jurisdiction for perpetuity.

Both matters were explained by me to takahashi. Just look them up yourself. Or look it up yourself in the WA.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-08-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Role of the ECJ, for example

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top