Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 05:10 PM

Good News for Devon

This in the Guardian (yeah I know,) about Harland and Wolff

https://www.theguardian.com/business...st-brexit-boom
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 06:59 PM

Re: Good News for Devon

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Seems promising Bread!
I hope they modernise the factory and yard BEFORE they take on
orders ??
Should be just right for building small trawlers etc !!
And fisheries protection vessels?

Donkeyman!! 👍😁👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Seems promising Bread!
I hope they modernise the factory and yard BEFORE they take on
orders ??
Should be just right for building small trawlers etc !!
And fisheries protection vessels?

Donkeyman!! 👍😁👍
Boris wants patrol boats to stop the migrant invasion with. But whatever, as long as it helps people to jobs, it is phantastic news.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Excellent news. I'm sure any British shipyard could build ships to the Royal Navy's specifications on time and in budget if only the bloody MoD would stop changing its collective mind during the build as to what it actually wants the ships to do.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Excellent news. I'm sure any British shipyard could build ships to the Royal Navy's specifications on time and in budget if only the bloody MoD would stop changing its collective mind during the build as to what it actually wants the ships to do.
Yeah I know what you mean.

I was born and raised in Stockton-on-Tees and at one time there were about 16 ship builders on the river. It's good to see this starting to make a return after the devastation the North East suffered when the shipyards closed almost overnight.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 04:56 PM

On the plus side, it could also be a poke in the eye for Wee Krankie taking work from Scottish ship-builders if Scotland manage to secede from the Union.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-09-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
On the plus side, it could also be a poke in the eye for Wee Krankie taking work from Scottish ship-builders if Scotland manage to secede from the Union.
Absolutely right, Judd

The SNP are already protesting against the fisheries bill. Ginger Warf from the North is tearing her country apart.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
By that time NI and ROI have merged and are within the folds of the EU. As will scotland be.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top