Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 01:57 PM

Re: UK and Japan Trade Deal Agreed

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Solly is getting more an more desperate. Our trade deal goes a lot further than the EU one
On cheese you mean?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You will need many many more. In practical terms, the agreement is small beer. On the government’s own estimates, the impact will be to boost the size of the UK economy by £1.5bn. Given that Britain’s annual output is about £2tn, that represents less than 0.1% of gross domestic product. What’s more, it will take time for the benefits to show up.

The reason the gains are so small is that the deal largely replicates the one already negotiated between Brussels and Tokyo, from which the UK benefited

Yours isn't finished
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 02:06 PM

Thats 15 billion less we will be buying from the EU

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 02:10 PM

Thats 15 billion less we will be buying from the EU

Wrong. And there is good reason for Japan cooperating to ensure this deal was secured in record time. It stands to get the lions share, 80%, of the total estimated £15bn boost to trade for both countries.

Truss said Britain’s financial sector would enjoy greater market access to*Japan*as a result of the deal but judging by the estimated size of the boost to UK exports and GDP the Japanese have not given away that much.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-09-2020, 02:29 PM

Wrong. And there is good reason for Japan cooperating to ensure this deal was secured in record time. It stands to get the lions share, 80%, of the total estimated £15bn boost to trade for both countries.

Truss said Britain’s financial sector would enjoy greater market access to*Japan*as a result of the deal but judging by the estimated size of the boost to UK exports and GDP the Japanese have not given away that much.

You should read my articles instead of making up stories.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 03:49 PM

Solly is getting more an more desperate. Our trade deal goes a lot further than the EU one
Of course he's getting desperate, for a start he's got the numbers wrong by a factor of 10. The trade deal is worth £15.2B rather than £1.5B and that's over and above what we already sell to Japan according to this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ade-deal-talks
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Of course he's getting desperate, for a start he's got the numbers wrong by a factor of 10. The trade deal is worth £15.2B rather than £1.5B and that's over and above what we already sell to Japan according to this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ade-deal-talks
I know it's difficult for you. There is a difference in increased gdp of 1,5 bn which I referred to, and the amount of trade, 15 bn, like I stated in post 14. Ask bread to explain.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-09-2020, 04:06 PM

You should read my articles instead of making up stories.
No response. I was right again.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-09-2020, 05:42 PM

I know it's difficult for you. There is a difference in increased gdp of 1,5 bn which I referred to, and the amount of trade, 15 bn, like I stated in post 14. Ask bread to explain.

Percy is right.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-09-2020, 05:49 PM

Percy is right.
Right wing, and wrong.
In practical terms, the agreement is small beer. On the government’s own estimates, the impact will be to boost the size of the UK economy by £1.5bn. Given that Britain’s annual output is about £2tn, that represents less than 0.1% of gross domestic product. What’s more, it will take time for the benefits to show up.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...me-distraction

And there is good reason for Japan cooperating to ensure this deal was secured in record time. It stands to get the lions share, 80%, of the total estimated £15bn boost to trade for both countries.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54116606

Which makes you just as intelligent as percival.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top