Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:40 PM

Brexit set free james dyson

"I can't make things here and bring over all the components from the Far East here, assemble them here and then send them back to the Far East. That just doesn't work."

The interview came as Dyson announced plans to create 200 new jobs at its research facilities in Malmesbury and Hullavington, Wiltshire.

He fires 600 in UK amid COVID then blows his own trumpet saying he will employ an additional 200 in UK.
Bit of a false note Mr. Dyson.
In 2000 he was threatening to relocate to Malaysia if the UK did not join the euro. He was self-interested then and is the same today.

"It would be arrogant to think that we could design and develop products for Asia and Britain," he said.
"We can develop technology, but understanding what Asians want and what works in the market - we have to be there, we have to be immersed in it."

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56741000
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:54 PM

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

He’s a great entrepreneur and innovator .
He is building a university at Hullavington that will train young people to be designers and engineers .
It’s a great project .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:12 PM

If you're not self interested you shouldn't be in business.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He’s a great entrepreneur and innovated .
He is building a university at Hullavington that will train young people to be designers and engineers .
It’s a great project .
He seems to be an all-round decent bloke despite attempts like the OP to lie about him.
Restructuring was speeded-up by Covid, the jobs weren't lost because of Covid and these had been planned for a while - but don't let the truth get in the way of a biased rant.
Dyson is very innovative with farming too BTW and he must be doing lots right for the fanatical EUrophiles to hate him so much.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:17 PM

He’s a great entrepreneur and innovator .
It’s a great project .
Very true and I'm very happy about his new "university" (nothing more than an old style technical college really IMHO) and that it's open to all genders, races and creeds but he's still a rubbish industrial engineer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:34 PM

I don’t know about that what I do know is that he wishes to put the U.K. at the forefront of manufacturing and employs clever people with innovative engineering skills
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:38 PM

I've known James Dyson personally and professionally in the past. I did a lot of work for him in the early 2000's when I developed some custom software to run his plant in Malmesbury. We had a chat every morning over a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich and he used to tell me all about how Dyson came about and how he struggled in the past to get patents and funding for his vacuum cleaner. He's a super nice chap, and is an excellent employer, he gives a lot back.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 06:47 PM

I don’t know about that what I do know is that he wishes to put the U.K. at the forefront of manufacturing and employs clever people with innovative engineering skills
DYSON have promised the people of north Wiltshire that the company’s Hullavington base still has a ‘bright future’, following the announcement that its plans to build an electric car there have been scrapped.

The campus at Hullavington Airfield has had more than £200m invested into it since Dyson decided to base its automotive division there in 2017. Now the firm has assured locals the land and its workers will remain part of the Dyson empire.
https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/n...lans-scrapped/

Sir James Dyson has withdrawn plans for a private runway for his jets at his company airfield in Hullavington, near Chippenham just weeks after announcing he was pulling out of developing an electric car.

But in October he promised the people of north Wiltshire that the company’s Hullavington base still had a bright future
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...-private-jets/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:51 AM

James Dyson isn’t a Brexit hypocrite

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-hypocrite/amp
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
James Dyson isn’t a Brexit hypocrite

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-hypocrite/amp
Excellent article Zaphod, and I was wrong to doubt James....I think we should have an apology from Solasch too for misleading us...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top