Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:50 PM

Luckily the brits take their tea with cream

Some time ago bread taunted me to start threads myself. I've done so several times, with good responses from other members.

Here is another one.

Sales of milk and cream to the EU are down an extraordinary 96 per cent – and chicken and beef by almost 80 per cent – because of*Brexit, new figures show.

Overall, the trade barriers erected in*Boris Johnson’s deal have cost exporters more than £1.1bn since the start of the year,*The Food and Drink Federation*says.

The organisation said it was “essential” that the UK urgently restarts talks with the EU to resolve the crisis – something*the prime minister has so far refused to do.

Since boris like no other knows how welcome britons are now in the EU, that is not surprising.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:57 PM

Re: Luckily the brits take their tea with cream

No link in support of your claims I see.
Is it just more out-of-date-already "Brexit-is-bad" nonsense by any chance?
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Some time ago bread taunted me to start threads myself. I've done so several times, with good responses from other members.

Here is another one.

Sales of milk and cream to the EU are down an extraordinary 96 per cent – and chicken and beef by almost 80 per cent – because of*Brexit, new figures show.

Overall, the trade barriers erected in*Boris Johnson’s deal have cost exporters more than £1.1bn since the start of the year,*The Food and Drink Federation*says.

The organisation said it was “essential” that the UK urgently restarts talks with the EU to resolve the crisis – something*the prime minister has so far refused to do.

Since boris like no other knows how welcome britons are now in the EU, that is not surprising.
Are you referring to this news? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1837528.html

I might not be a good idea to refer to the independent or the guardian if you keep in mind how often news from the Daily Express are cited here. The credibility of the independent is probably too low.

As you mentioned earlier, pacta sunt servanda. There is nothing to re-negotiate and B. Johnson acts accordingly.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Are you referring to this news? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1837528.html

I might not be a good idea to refer to the independent or the guardian if you keep in mind how often news from the Daily Express are cited here. The credibility of the independent is probably too low.

As you mentioned earlier, pacta sunt servanda. There is nothing to re-negotiate and B. Johnson acts accordingly.
The only truth the DE prints is "daily" as it is published with that interval.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:06 PM

Most of the Brits that I know take their tea with milk - not cream.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-04-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One hardly can drink british tea without milk, much too bitter. There are more refined blends that don't need the binding of excess tannin with milk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 10:12 PM

No-one in my family takes milk or cream in their tea or coffee...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No-one in my family takes milk or cream in their tea or coffee...
Neither do I
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Solly is prolly getting confused with our Devon (clotted cream) Cream Teas and ya know what they say about a little learning
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-04-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Solly is prolly getting confused with our Devon (clotted cream) Cream Teas and ya know what they say about a little learning
Milk no sugar, please – that’s the most popular way to enjoy a brew followed by milk with two or more sugars and then milk with one sugar. Perhaps surprisingly, is that 14% of Brits don’t indulge in this quintessentially English tradition. https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/hot-beve...542547.article

But to get back on topic, british export of milk and cream is down 96%, so better start taking milk or the farmers can flush it down the drain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top