Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 8,963
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-04-2021, 10:56 PM
111

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Boris Johnson’s vow to “fix” the*Brexit*crisis forcing musicians to abandon tours has led to no more than offers of advice on the huge new costs and red tape, angry industry groups say – triggering accusations it is “a sham”.
The prime minister insisted ministers were “working flat out” to find a solution, that the situation was “absolutely fine” with some countries and that*David Frost, his Brexit negotiator, is “in charge”.
The hardline Lord Frost is “the blockage”, another said, preventing any progress, adding: “He and the*Foreign Office*are the ones slowing it down.”
One month*after the promise was made, to a committee of MPs, insiders from meetings with the government have lashed out at a failure to act which has left desperate performers “no further forward”.

I do like many of the British performers, musicians and bands. I will make do with listening to them on the radio, Spotify or Youtube. They do not have to come to the EU, that is fine. I hope they have enough fans to support their concerts in the UK. Especially the smaller bands that used to tour the clubs, smaller venues and festivals.
Once again, Johnson says the first thing that comes into his head. Man can't even lie straight in bed.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 09:08 AM
112

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Indeed, you are history, no longer part of the action.
Your hatred for our country is coming to the fore again.


For a country that is supposedly "no longer part of the action" Solly it's a bit strange for it to be the leading prospect of major western economies for the forseeable future.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 09:33 AM
113

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

And yet strangely enough UK musicians and entertainers have been travelling the whole wide world for centuries and even now continue to do so throughout the rest of the non-EU world.
Go figure.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 09:48 AM
114

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
And yet strangely enough UK musicians and entertainers have been travelling the whole wide world for centuries and even now continue to do so throughout the rest of the non-EU world.
Go figure.
Hi

They need work permits now, no automatic right to work in the EU.

It also means double taxation and a huge amount of paperwork, which is costly.

I am retired, but have been given exemptions in Poland and also weirdly, France.

No idea why I am on the list for France, but will take full advantage of it.
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 10,656
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 09:49 AM
115

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

There is no change between the UK and the EU until 2022 when the EU ETIAS visa waiver system comes into force. Its almost identical to the USA ESTA system - pay a few pounds and fill in an on-line form.

The UK has no such requirements until at least 2025.

The EU has the same rules for us as every other country outside the EU, it's nothing new.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 10:00 AM
116

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There is no change between the UK and the EU until 2022 when the EU ETIAS visa waiver system comes into force. Its almost identical to the USA ESTA system - pay a few pounds and fill in an on-line form.

The UK has no such requirements until at least 2025.

The EU has the same rules for us as every other country outside the EU, it's nothing new.
Quite so - and if the rest of the world can manage to deal with it there's no reason why the UK can't.
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 8,963
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 12:07 PM
117

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There is no change between the UK and the EU until 2022 when the EU ETIAS visa waiver system comes into force. Its almost identical to the USA ESTA system - pay a few pounds and fill in an on-line form.

The UK has no such requirements until at least 2025.

The EU has the same rules for us as every other country outside the EU, it's nothing new.
You are well informed!

It is nearly four months since it was revealed that the UK had rejected a Brussels proposal to rescue visa and permit-free tours by musicians and other artists of the EU, insisting “taking back control” of borders must come first.

A report by the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) has laid bare how artists have been left “professionally paralysed” – appearances “unviable” because of the time and expense of securing paperwork costing many hundreds of pounds.

It is also unable to name any EU countries where the touring situation promises to be – as Mr Johnson claimed – “absolutely fine”.

Despite the prime minister saying Lord Frost is “in charge”, the tiny*Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) remains responsible for any talks – despite having “no leverage”, as one insider put it;

Lord Frost refused for weeks to commit to appearing before the culture committee to explain what is happening – and only did so when set a firm deadline to agree. He will now give evidence on 10 June.
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 10,656
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 12:09 PM
118

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are well informed!

It is nearly four months since*it was*revealed that*the UK had rejected a Brussels proposal to rescue visa and permit-free tours*by musicians and other artists of the EU, insisting “taking back control” of borders must come first.

A*report by the Incorporated Society of Musicians*(ISM) has laid bare how artists have been left “professionally paralysed” – appearances “unviable” because of the time and expense of securing paperwork costing many hundreds of pounds.

It is also unable to name any EU countries where the touring situation promises to be – as Mr Johnson claimed – “absolutely fine”.

Despite the prime minister saying Lord Frost is “in charge”, the tiny*Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) remains responsible for any talks – despite having “no leverage”, as one insider put it;

Lord Frost refused for weeks to commit to appearing before the culture committee to explain what is happening – and only did so when set a firm deadline to agree. He will now give evidence on 10 June;

We left that's why.

Nothing to do with Brexit ... your hiding behind Covid excuses.
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 8,963
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 02:53 PM
119

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We left that's why.

Nothing to do with Brexit ... your hiding behind Covid excuses.
If it is covid, then the musicians are correct in addressing boris. After all, he is to blame for a large extend of the UK deaths piling up.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-04-2021, 02:56 PM
120

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If it is covid, then the musicians are correct in addressing boris. After all, he is to blame for a large extend of the UK deaths piling up.
And here's the rest of the world realizing it's a virus that's killing people!
 
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.