Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Re: Me, me, me.

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
My problem is not with a neighbour but a Technician at work.
EVERY topic of conversation will somehow return to her, her life, her family, her friends, her thoughts, her opinions, her experiences... and she'll even cut people off mid-sentence in order to continue with reinforcing her point
I think she did go through a kind of breakdown during the second lickdown and although she is markedly improved, I don't think she is quite the full shilling still. This has made her even more self- obsessed/centred.
I take on more than my fair share of "keeping her busy" (it is supposed to be a 3 department split but hasn't been since she started to wobble) She has a tendency to talk at me instead of concentrating properly on her given jobs. I have reached the stage now where I will type at my PC and ignore her or finish the job she has been given to do in half the time! I make just enough right noises to appear polite/like I'm still listening.

Why don't I just pull her up about it I don't know. Is it her vulnerability? Would she even play the mental health card now if I did? It's a treacherous path we tread, avoiding hurting others
Tricky one Rhiann. Maybe worth having a word with someone in SLT (personnel manager). Not to drop her in it, but more so that they can monitor the situation and make sure that the other departments are using her effectively. Apart from anything else, the school does have a duty of care towards their employees, including her!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Tricky one Rhiann. Maybe worth having a word with someone in SLT (personnel manager). Not to drop her in it, but more so that they can monitor the situation and make sure that the other departments are using her effectively. Apart from anything else, the school does have a duty of care towards their employees, including her!
Don't you ever get bored of adopting the attitude of a responsible and engaged member of society, Dex?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Now I can't run anymore you would be doing me a favour Arty.....
What?? You can’t run anymore?

Oh my goodness Foxy, you loved your running. I saw that you had a high heartbeat after a run one day but l didn’t know you can’t run anymore.
I really am so sorry to read that. Are you allowed brisk walking?

Oh Dear.... I am going to get clobbered by the ‘Off Topic’ Police!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Passions are fully transferable, mate!

There's plenty more you can do, and need to do.
Yes but it has to be something he can do in his sexy shorts. I mean they are hardly suitable for train spotting or, indeed, many other activities.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Don't you ever get bored of adopting the attitude of a responsible and engaged member of society, Dex?
Am simply luring you into a false sense of security Harbs
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

26-07-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What?? You can’t run anymore?

Oh my goodness Foxy, you loved your running. I saw that you had a high heartbeat after a run one day but l didn’t know you can’t run anymore.
I really am so sorry to read that. Are you allowed brisk walking?

Oh Dear.... I am going to get clobbered by the ‘Off Topic’ Police!
Reported.

And as soon as I've posted this post, I'm going to report my post too
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:17 PM

Reported.

And as soon as I've posted this post, I'm going to report my post too

See if l care!! Bring it on!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

26-07-2021, 05:18 PM

See if l care!! Bring it on!!
Reported
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 05:19 PM

Am simply luring you into a false sense of security Harbs
Well it's just that there are loads of threads where one can speak of doing the right thing, and I like to create a space that is free of all that sort of stuff.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:54 PM

Twink, Of course, you were only trying to help and advise me.... but this particular woman decided to get on the bus with me to finish her conversation with me. She was only passing me in the street of the town she lived in, not waiting for the bus!
The town in question was about 15 miles away from where l live! The bus goes on the scenic route, so it was a long, almost one hour journey

It was her deliberate act to follow me onto the bus and make sure l heard about every minute of her life spent with her ex husband and then about her wayward son!

Honestly, l was a mute at the bus stop with her and for the whole long bus journey. She wouldn’t let me speak, if l attempted to, she didn’t listen! She just carried on talking!

Then l was dismissed as l was getting off the bus at my destination, so that she could cross the road to get on a bus back to her town!!

I think on this occasion, l am the one that needs the sympathy and compassion...

She sounds like a lady who is not happy with her life Art & you must have looked like a kind lady she could talk to. If she ever does it again tell her the police have been informed that she is a stalker and will be waiting to arrest her at the next stop, when you get off!

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top