Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
With 28 member states all with different benefit systems, this one new ruling alone is going to be very difficult and costly for our DWP to enforce.
I understand from previous discussions I heard it will cost so much to administer the new ruling, no savings will be made.
I don't know whether I'm right but as it's based on the standard rate of the other country , recipients in Germany and a couple of others will actually get paid a higher rate of Child Benefit than British people do.
Sounds mad to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know whether I'm right but as it's based on the standard rate of the other country , recipients in Germany and a couple of others will actually get paid a higher rate of Child Benefit than British people do.
Sounds mad to me.
Hi Morty as I understand it, the rate of benefit paid to anyone here from the EU will be the same as that paid to them in their country of origin so if you are come from Romania or Slovakia for example you will receive the same amount of benefit that you would receive there.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:19 PM

Makes more sense than the way it is at present
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
HELLO! WAS THAT IT!! waiting all morning to hear what Call Me Dave had to say to the British people???

Nothing, absolutely nothing! how embarrassing! the man should hang his head in shame!

All he waffled on about was our economy, our security, how there would be no further integration into Europe. WOW! we already knew that! no joining the Euro! we already knew that too. Then of course came the scaremongering about "those doubters who want us out of the EU".

What a pathetic speech. What a pathetic man. what a pathetic waste of time. He is a spent force that has sold us out to the EU.

I only hope the majority think the same. Let's get the hell out of this dictatorship at the first opportunity and gain our full independence back in this country.
Hear Hear all of your post, but particularly in bold.
As usual, well said Shrops.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 07:42 PM

Herbert W. Armstrong, founder of the Plain Truth magazine, which is the predecessor of the Trumpet, warned about a coming United States of Europe since 1934. Now it is almost here.

Based on Bible prophecy, he wrote in 1956, “The stage is all set! All that’s lacking now is the strong LEADER—the coming FUEHRER! The Germans are coming back from the destruction of World War II in breathtaking manner. Germany is the economic and military heart of Europe. Probably Germany will lead and dominate the coming United States of Europe. But Britain will be no part of it!”

Mr. Armstrong foretold of a unified states of Europe 80 years ago as Europe lay in ruins after World War II. “[A] United States of Europe was as certain as the rising of tomorrow’s sun,” the Plain Truth proclaimed in 1970. Despite Britain’s joining the European Common Market, Mr. Armstrong knew Britain would eventually leave.

Those predictions are incredibly close to fulfillment.

Read Richard Palmer’s article “Why Britain Is Closer Than Ever to Quitting the EU” to see how the unfolding events in Europe will force Britain out of the EU, just as Mr. Armstrong foretold.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:08 PM

Check your dates and timings
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:14 PM

I thought the rate of child benefit was to be in line with the cost of living in the country of origin. I don't knowing they actually get child benefit in those countries.
I'm a bit puzzled that the out of work benefits aren't the target. If they come here to work and pay tax it seems odd to penalise them and not those who come and not work.
Also I'm worried that leaving the EU will mean the government will be able to do more damage without restraint, will we lose the ability to take cases to the court of human rights for instance?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:30 PM

I'm voting out, I want my country back, we're paying millions daily just to be told what we can and can't do!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:33 PM

What do you think this government will do if we come out? They will take us back to the nineteenth century.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
UKIP leader Nigel Farage tweeted: "This is a truly pathetic deal. Let's Leave the EU, control our borders, run our own country and stop handing £55m every day to Brussels. I believe in Britain. We are good enough to be an independent, self-governing nation outside of the EU. This is our golden opportunity."
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Malcolm after Ted Heath took us into the Common Market in 1973 I thought we were signing up to a trading group not a second parliament taking vast amounts of money to administer with the ability to determine how this country is run and to make laws that take precedent over those of our own government .

When Harold Wilson's government held the Referendum in 1975 on continuing British membership of the Common Market I voted out and nothing including 'food mountains' the C.A.P, fishing policy, or economic migrants with a right to come here regardless of if they have a job or the necessary skills to obtain one has changed my mind since .
Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Cameron went out shopping for a loaf, and came back with crumbs!
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, after two days sitting there holding out his begging bowl for scraps from this dictatorship instead of demanding from them the manifesto promises that he made to the British people. All I see today is a Prime Minister who has made himself a laughing stock to those EU leaders who sat and watched as he pleaded for morsels to bring back but instead found himself being dangled by his heels by all those who knew they had a bargaining chip this before they even plonked their backsides down on their chairs!!.

Any fool knows when you are going to a meeting to get what you want, you do not show your hand to those that you want that something from. This fool did exactly that. How could he possibly threaten to walk away when he had already declared his hand?.

Instead, this appeaser walked into that meeting with them having the full knowledge that he was completely Pro European and his intent would always be on voting for us to stay in !!! What an absolute plonker ! They had him by the b...s before he opened his mouth!

He has returned with a big fat zero. It will be interesting to see him standing outside Number 10 putting a spin on trying to make it look as though he has put another 0 on the exisiting 0.
Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I want my country back, we're paying millions daily just to be told what we can and can't do!!
Some good comments .....

Cameron has achieved nothing - the UK will still be paying the EU to tell us what to do - it's about time we used those billions to support ourselves .....

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top