Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:49 PM

Re: Something for the EU to Consider

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A No Deal means that the EU will be subject to Tariffs on it's third biggest Market.

A No Deal means that the UK will be subject to Tariffs on it's biggest
Market.

Simple Maths.

They will not come running, they have the advantage.

It is to nobodies advantage not to have a Free Trade Agreement.

There will be concessions on both sides.

Its only our biggest market if we get the benefit of it Swimmy,
But we dont, and it decreases every year??
Donkeyman!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 03:30 PM

Echoes of Mrs T...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...de-deal-update

...Has Boris the balls to emulate 'The Iron Lady'.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
One of those reasons is because the UK has been bound by the customs union which is probably why you wrote your response that way (although I question the figures).

Leaving the EU and the customs union was to break this dependency by enabling the UK to be a global trading nation free from the protectionism of the EU customs union and single market (one of the reasons that delivered Brexit...)

We start our trade negotiations with the rest of the world in parallel with the EU negotiations for this reason - to maximise the potential of our exports and imports with the whole world, not just limiting them to the EU 27 and being constrained by EU rules, regulations and bureaucracy.
You better start closing deals outside the EU or there could be problems ahead.
A review by a committee set up to review the response to coronavirus said failing to seek an extension to Brexit negotiations threatened to “compound Covid-19 with a second UK societal-wide, economic and social, chronic threat”.
https://www.themj.co.uk/#
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You better start closing deals outside the EU or there could be problems ahead.
A review by a committee set up to review the response to coronavirus said failing to seek an extension to Brexit negotiations threatened to “compound Covid-19 with a second UK societal-wide, economic and social, chronic threat”.
https://www.themj.co.uk/#
Yeah I saw that today, its actually from the Guardian originally I think. It's fake news from a comic with a circulation of about 100,000. It should be renamed the Kensington Gazette.

Its just a silly remainer tactic - they do this a lot, and nobody listens to them, except you that is.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yeah I saw that today, its actually from the Guardian originally I think. It's fake news from a comic with a circulation of about 100,000. It should be renamed the Kensington Gazette.

Its just a silly remainer tactic - they do this a lot, and nobody listens to them, except you that is.
I see the guardian has picked it up too. The journal is for civil servants at municipals. You don't get more serious people.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top