Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:07 PM

EU Caving in on Fisheries

Widely reported in the media, but here is the story out of the express.

Now Frost is publishing the draft treaty for the 27 to see and all those EU businesses, it seems that Barnier is sh1tting himself because of his utter failure to agree anything, his refusal to discuss trade is now out in the open and he knows for sure that the UK is about to walk away.

Now Barnier has 4 problems ...

1. Resurrect negotiations to secure a trade deal with the EU
2. Confess to failing to secure fishing rights with France, Holland, Spain, Denmark - a promise he couldn't deliver
3. Justify why the UK has offered a trade deal based on the Canada+++ deal they said we could have and now the EU has gone back on its word and changed its mind.
4. Apologising to EU businesses for failure after 4 years of promises and empty threats.

I can see Barnier getting fired over this in another public humiliation of the EU.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...reement-latest
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:14 PM

Re: EU Caving in on Fisheries

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Now Frost is publishing the draft treaty for the 27 to see and all those EU businesses, it seems that Barnier is sh1tting himself because of his utter failure to agree anything, his refusal to discuss trade is now out in the open and he knows for sure that the UK is about to walk away.

2. Confess to failing to secure fishing rights with France, Holland, Spain, Denmark - a promise he couldn't deliver
3. Justify why the UK has offered a trade deal based on the Canada+++ deal they said we could have and now the EU has gone back on its word and changed its mind.
4. Apologising to EU businesses for failure after 4 years of promises and empty threats.

I can see Barnier getting fired over this in another public humiliation of the EU.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:27 PM

Who would or could fire him?
Is the new president of the commission up to the task??
Imo we must walk out at end of July!
Then take the deals we want as they come!!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Who would or could fire him?
Is the new president of the commission up to the task??
Imo we must walk out at end of July!
Then take the deals we want as they come!!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
The commission can fire him.

I think we will be walking away in July, DM. I think the EU is over anyway - definitely the Eurozone. There won't be much left to trade with at this rate.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 01:47 PM

Frost must be desperate to behave like a small child yelling,: if you don't play with me I will tell the others about the notes I've been secretly writing to you.
Barnier is letting him dangle like a fish on a hook, wriggling.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-05-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Frost must be desperate to behave like a small child yelling,: if you don't play with me I will tell the others about the notes I've been secretly writing to you.
Barnier is letting him dangle like a fish on a hook, wriggling.
The only person behaving like a small child and yelling, is you.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 01:56 PM

EU sources have said that on fisheries they were encouraged by the provision last week of a framework agreement on how the UK intends to open its waters to European fleets. “I think the UK has moved since the beginning,” one EU official said. “Originally they said they didn’t want an agreement on this, but since then they’ve expressed a wish to discuss fisheries and get an agreement.”
British sources said it remained the case that the UK would not allow the continuation of the common fisheries policy in which historical patterns of catches determine today’s hauls. The UK’s proposal is expected to be part of the documents made public.

Now, that doesn't sound like the EU caving in?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2020, 02:03 PM

The only person behaving like a small child and yelling, is you.
British negotiators fear Michel Barnier has been unable to get EU leaders to focus on*Brexit*trade and security talks as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, as Downing Street prepares to publish a draft treaty this week in an effort to reboot the process.
Senior government figures are convinced that part of the problem lies in European governments being distracted by the pandemic.

Like I told you before, brexit is a british problem. The EU has moved on to more important matters.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-05-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
British negotiators fear Michel Barnier has been unable to get EU leaders to focus on*Brexit*trade and security talks as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, as Downing Street prepares to publish a draft treaty this week in an effort to reboot the process.
Senior government figures are convinced that part of the problem lies in European governments being distracted by the pandemic.

Like I told you before, brexit is a british problem. The EU has moved on to more important matters.

So your second biggest net contributor, your biggest single market outside of the EU, the second biggest export market all walking out the door with no trade arrangements is not as important as COVID-19, just as people go back to work and the lock down eases, leaving behind 2.5 trillion euros of bailout debts ?

Your chief negotiator just failed miserably on fisheries and your answer is to declare that "Brexit is a British Problem" ... How is it ? You just spent 4 years trying 2 things ...

1. Trying to maintain the status quo on the CFP - FAIL !
2. Binding a non-EU member state to the EU single market rules - FAIL !

You could sign up an FTA with your second biggest market right now and maintain trade levels in the EU, helping the economies of the 27 recover from the COVID-19 crisis when they absolutely need it. Your answer is to brush it off and say "the EU have more important matters" without giving one thought to your economy, jobs, and the incomes of millions of people.

Over 400 million people in 27 countries in the EU have been promised that Brexit would not damage their businesses and are waiting for the good outcome they have been guaranteed.

You will see in the coming weeks how economics will push the ideologists to one side as soon as EU citizens and businesses read what Barnier has been hiding from them all this time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2020, 02:34 PM

You will see in the coming weeks how economics will push the ideologists to one side as soon as EU citizens and businesses read what Barnier has been hiding from them all this time.
Hiding at the request of the british. So the first question on the continent (and perhaps on your isles) will be: why had this to be hidden from us? What were those scheming brits aiming at?

Second will be the answer to, why now? Why make it public now? What are those conniving brits aiming at now?

Do you have an idea? Thought not.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top