Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 07:54 AM

Re: UK Global Tarrifs

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Free Trade was already in it's way out.

Trump, the leader of the Worlds biggest economy, was already into Protectionism.

He has made a big play of putting American jobs first.

We are in a world recession, it is everyone for them selves.
So the last thing our country needs is exports, according to you?

Really ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
So the last thing our country needs is exports, according to you?

Really ?
The last thing the UK needs is to turn away from its biggest and greatest export market. Especially now, that there are no alternatives.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The last thing the UK needs is to turn away from its biggest and greatest export market. Especially now, that there are no alternatives.
The EU is not our biggest export market, your making things up.

EU exports from the UK account for about 5 to 7.5% of our GDP.

Do you ever read anything properly ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 04:10 PM

The EU is not our biggest export market, your making things up.

EU exports from the UK account for about 5 to 7.5% of our GDP.

Do you ever read anything properly ?
Taken as a bloc, the EU is the UK's largest trading partner. In 2018 the EU accounted for 45% of UK exports and 53% imports and 7 of the UK's 10 largest export markets and sources of imports.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...ings/cbp-7851/

GDP can be analysed in terms of the output produced of different industries of the economy and by expenditure on goods and services made by households, businesses and the government.
Services are the sector that account for the largest part of the economy – in 2018, they accounted for 80% of economic output, the production sector for 14%, construction for 6% and agriculture for 1%.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...fings/sn02787/

As you see, different entities. I suggest you do a lot of reading and educate yourself.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-06-2020, 04:11 PM

Taken as a bloc, the EU is the UK's largest trading partner. In 2018 the EU accounted for 45% of UK exports and 53% imports and 7 of the UK's 10 largest export markets and sources of imports.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...ings/cbp-7851/

GDP can be analysed in terms of the output produced of different industries of the economy and by expenditure on goods and services made by households, businesses and the government.
Services are the sector that account for the largest part of the economy – in 2018, they accounted for 80% of economic output, the production sector for 14%, construction for 6% and agriculture for 1%.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...fings/sn02787/

As you see, different entities. I suggest you do a lot of reading and educate yourself.
See - your wrong, as usual.

|Its not more than 50% like you said and its only about 7.5% of our GDP anyway
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-06-2020, 05:09 PM

See - your wrong, as usual.

|Its not more than 50% like you said and its only about 7.5% of our GDP anyway
You're getting pathetic. I didn't state more than 50%, you do. I stated largest (post #12), which is undeniably true.

Your 7,5% has been shot down in another thread. Don't repeat stupid mistakes, it suggests you are unable to process new information.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 07:48 AM

Yep, but those remaining 55% is spread over a multitude of countries.

You don't reply because you are out-witted, by me having the upperhand. In other words, you are the loser in the discussions. Better get used to it.

The EU is not the UKs largest trading partner its the rest of the world.

The EU is a declining market only responsible for about 7.5% of our GDP.

Why do you keep ignoring facts?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-06-2020, 12:22 PM

The EU is not the UKs largest trading partner its the rest of the world.

The EU is a declining market only responsible for about 7.5% of our GDP.

Why do you keep ignoring facts?
Like I said, the remainder is not one single partner or market. It is the 164 wto members minus the UK and EU members, so 164 - 28 = 136 countries.

You also export services, which brings the EU export to 15% of your gdp. Your export to the EU is declining, but so is the total of your exports. You are becoming less of a desired partner in trade. But you knew that, or didn't you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 12:49 PM

Like I said, the remainder is not one single partner or market. It is the 164 wto members minus the UK and EU members, so 164 - 28 = 136 countries.

You also export services, which brings the EU export to 15% of your gdp. Your export to the EU is declining, but so is the total of your exports. You are becoming less of a desired partner in trade. But you knew that, or didn't you?
Can you please sort your maths out.

Our trade overall with the EU is in decline - exports total around 7.5% of GDP including services (USA and other markets are increasing by the way).

So, remind me, if the EU exports to the UK are about £450m each working day, who exactly needs an FTA ? Us or the EU ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-06-2020, 12:16 AM

So, remind me, if the EU exports to the UK are about £450m each working day, who exactly needs an FTA ? Us or the EU ?
The easiest way to do that in a few days, when barnier/von der keyen walk away from the negotiation table. I will rub your nose in it by then.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top