Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 01:12 PM

Re: Uk tells eu no extension!!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I'll believe it when I see it, Swimmy, given our pathetic lily livered government.
You are right in that you cannot see it, yet. But you are out already, but still treated nicely by the EU during your adaptation period. But you could do as was promoted, take back control of your laws and borders. Instead you relinquish border controls by 1 januari 2021. How stupid can you be!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are leaving Solasch.

A Democratic Decision.

Accept it and also accept that people like me also voted Leave.

I did so with the upmost reluctance, but there we go.

Merkel and Macron could have backed down and kept us in.

They did not and it was their decision not ours.

They made a serious miscalculation.

The arrogance of Merkel and Macron is astounding.

That is the reason we are leaving.

You and the others need to put them in their place

The EU can threaten us with Financial Disaster

You seriously misunderstand us.

We went to war with Germany 70 years ago.

It was a matter of Principle.

We have not changed.

We will simply not be dictated to by the EU or anyone else.

We will not back down, we are out, accept it.

I am intelligent, articulate and know the risks.

I am also British, which means I will not be threatened by anyone.

The EU can swan off, we are out at the end of this year.

Swim, in 2015, during the upswing to your referendum, macron wasn't even president (2017). How could he have kept you in?

Financial disaster is not a threat, it is the simpel unavoidable consequence of leaving. You brought that on your own country. That is what brits have to accept. Europeans long since accepted britain leaving the EU. It's not a news item anymore.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Swim, in 2015, during the upswing to your referendum, macron wasn't even president (2017). How could he have kept you in?

Financial disaster is not a threat, it is the simpel unavoidable consequence of leaving. You brought that on your own country. That is what brits have to accept. Europeans long since accepted britain leaving the EU. It's not a news item anymore.
Our economy has been booming and unemployment falling ever since we voted to leave.

Your economies are in decline, with perpetual bank bailouts from the ECB and the eyewatering levels of unemployment.

The only time our economy has taken a blip in the past 4 years is when we extended the transition period and stayed in the EU longer than we should have.

All this talk of financial disasters is the usual remain nonsense we have been hearing year in and year out. Project fear has got nothing right.

Your the champion of failure.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-06-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Our economy has been booming and unemployment falling ever since we voted to leave.

Your economies are in decline, with perpetual bank bailouts from the ECB and the eyewatering levels of unemployment.

The only time our economy has taken a blip in the past 4 years is when we extended the transition period and stayed in the EU longer than we should have.

All this talk of financial disasters is the usual remain nonsense we have been hearing year in and year out. Project fear has got nothing right.

Your the champion of failure.

I will believe your statements if you include a link to its source. Otherwise it is your considered opinion, but nothing more than that. Since we live in free countries you are entitled to having an opinion, and voicing it. In your case it needn't even be true.....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 06:52 PM

I will believe your statements if you include a link to its source. Otherwise it is your considered opinion, but nothing more than that. Since we live in free countries you are entitled to having an opinion, and voicing it. In your case it needn't even be true.....

Its easy to find out if your prepared to look.

Don't expect me to do your research for you...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-06-2020, 07:08 PM

Its easy to find out if your prepared to look.

Don't expect me to do your research for you...
You're confirming my assumption you didn't factcheck your statement. You just degraded your arguments to simpel opinions, never to be regarded seriously.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-06-2020, 07:45 PM

You're confirming my assumption you didn't factcheck your statement. You just degraded your arguments to simpel opinions, never to be regarded seriously.

You can find it easy enough. Just go through the figures like i did
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-06-2020, 08:13 PM

You can find it easy enough. Just go through the figures like i did
You? Going through the figures? Ha, ha, ha! You're not serious!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-06-2020, 08:25 PM

You? Going through the figures? Ha, ha, ha! You're not serious!
If you can't be bothered to look them up then that's up to you.

Back on topic.

Why is Barnier the begging clown not attending the video conference with Boris Johnson and David Frost tomorrow ? Oh yes, its because he has been sidelined, just like I said he would be
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-06-2020, 08:55 PM

If you can't be bothered to look them up then that's up to you.

Back on topic.

Why is Barnier the begging clown not attending the video conference with Boris Johnson and David Frost tomorrow ? Oh yes, its because he has been sidelined, just like I said he would be
On the EU side Von der leyen and michel do the talking, two elected politicians. In the british corner we see boris johnson, politician and david frost a civil servant of sorts.
Apparantly boris hasn't mastered all the difficult facts of trading and needs his assistant present. Von der leyen and michel are on top of the subject after being briefed by barnier. That's how bosses operate.
Sidelined Barnier? Seriously? You don't know what you're talking about.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top