Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:15 PM

Re: Well, Fancy That .... Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't know what point you are trying to make, Bread, but, given Brexit, there are two alternatives: A border between Northern Ireland and the Republic, or a border in the middle of the Irish Sea, between Northern Ireland and the British mainland. Both those alternatives have been declared unacceptable by the UK government, yet one has to prevail. That is simple, straight forward logic. One or the other, and, at the same time, neither. The claim that it would be a soluble problem was just one of the many lies of the Brexit campaign. I don't feel bitter that a majority voted for Brexit, if that's what the majority truly wanted, but I do feel rather annoyed that they were manoeuvred into that position with lies.
We were so lucky that the Remainers didn't (you appear to suggest) resort to lies, obfuscations, fake predictions, law suits, blocking tactics, etc., and were always thinking of the best outcome for the UK.

Anyway, that horse has passed away.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top