Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 11:56 AM

Re: Germany .... Ouch !

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Germany is in a much better financial situation than the UK with a much better level of Public Services.
It is.

I believe that they are still mining coal and burning it for energy creation. The Green Age never seems to have taken over Germany.

I plan to post a thread about it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 03:03 PM

Hi

Germany is in a much better financial situation than the UK with a much better level of Public Services.
Unemployment is the biggest threat to Germany and the repayment of all the German bonds that have been loaned to other member states such as Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Ireland.

So far, Lagarde is warning of inflation increases and unless the EU resolves its vaccine crisis soon, it could end up in a whole world of trouble, with hyper inflation, businesses going to the wall, higher unemployment and the banks starting to fail again. If that happens, Germany could well start to call in its debts and devastate the Eurozone, if those countries default, it could be the start of the end game for the Eurozone.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I plan to post a thread about it.
With your usual fair minded and unbiased approach, no doubt.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 04:49 PM

Hi

Of course it is Swimmy, but the populace really pay for it with up to 48% income tax (OK, that's for the really high earners I admit) + additional taxes including an 8-9% church tax.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
With your usual fair minded and unbiased approach, no doubt.
Yes indeed. As unbiased as your own!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-03-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Of course it is Swimmy, but the populace really pay for it with up to 48% income tax (OK, that's for the really high earners I admit) + additional taxes including an 8-9% church tax.
That is something with which I very much disagree.

If people are religious, let them pay the tax. I am not.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That is something with which I very much disagree.

If people are religious, let them pay the tax. I am not.
So do I, but when I worked in Rome, I had to pay a "Church tax" to the Vatican even though I wasn't a church goer.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 05:14 PM

Which is paid by church goers only. That should be added. Those 8-9% are not included in "additional taxes". It is church tax alone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-03-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Which is paid by church goers only. That should be added. Those 8-9% are not included in "additional taxes". It is church tax alone.
That's how it should be. Making people pay for a religion is, in my mind, unacceptable.

Actually, I wonder whether government grants for building mosques have been paid, as that's our money too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-03-2021, 05:19 PM

So do I, but when I worked in Rome, I had to pay a "Church tax" to the Vatican even though I wasn't a church goer.
You should have refused.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top