Join for free
Page 5 of 45 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:06 PM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
No. We wouldn't have been negotiationg from a position of weakness had May not been so stupid. One of her biggest mistakes was agreeing to the sequencing demands of the EU. Once she caved in there then Brussels knew she would be a walkover in future discussions. And so it proved. She was responsible for the sequencing, which led to the backstop, which led to her being ousted from office. All her own fault. Her Brexit performance was shocking.
Absolutely.
I can't make up my mind whether she was incompetent or corrupt.
Remember that her husband has business interests in the EU.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps I can correct that for you.

"Who needs corrupt politicians and civil servants when a pro-British guy on an internet forum could easily achieve what they are making no attempt to do."
Things are not working out, but you cannot let yourself even admit the possibility of that being because of the multitude of inevitable dilemmas that were waiting in the wings of the process of leaving the EU. It has to be because someone isn't doing his job properly, doesn't it? The fact is, leaving the EU involves facing a seemingly endless series of decisions where choosing the lesser of several evils is the best outcome that can be achieved. There is no point in blaming people for failing to do things that are simply not doable, and for not coming away with things that are simply not on offer.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 06:03 PM

The EU is a highly undemocratic organisation, a façade.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The EU is a highly undemocratic organisation, a façade.
According to what I have read recently in several different news sources, some of the EU's member countries are beginning to realise that for themselves.
I get the feeling that there is going to be more unrest amongst that organisation with the possibility of one or more member states deciding to follow our lead.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:07 PM

According to what I have read recently in several different news sources, some of the EU's member countries are beginning to realise that for themselves.
I get the feeling that there is going to be more unrest amongst that organisation with the possibility of one or more member states deciding to follow our lead.
I'm not sure that the unrest will lead to others leaving the club.
It's far, far more likely to lead to significant reforms but just how significant only time will tell.
Less likely (but not impossible) is a collapse of the union as we know it.

One thing is for sure; EU citizens will want to know why they are still facing lockdowns and even death while an ex-member country is beginning to return to a new normality.
All other reasons aside (and there are many reasons) this is by far the most likely to cause the union the greatest harm and the ongoing actions of VD Leyen and other EU leaders is doing nothing to prevent that likelihood from becoming a reality.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
We are were we are, moving onwards and upwards.

"We are in the ****, but suck it up"
You've lost me there Cinderella ??
" we are were we are" ??
Oh! it's ok, l think lve got it?
Sorry!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:06 PM

Perhaps I can correct that for you.

"Who needs corrupt politicians and civil servants when a pro-British guy on an internet forum could easily achieve what they are making no attempt to do."
Yes, that sounds better JBR !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 09:12 PM

They can't leave untill they pay the bank back JBR !!
They are caught in the trap !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-03-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
They can't leave untill they pay the bank back JBR !!
They are caught in the trap !!
Worth saying twice!

It's nice to have the upper hand for a change.

If these fisheries and N. Ireland things are part of a cunning plan by Boris, perhaps I'll take back all I've said about him.

He has until 2024!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Worth saying twice!

It's nice to have the upper hand for a change.

If these fisheries and N. Ireland things are part of a cunning plan by Boris, perhaps I'll take back all I've said about him.

He has until 2024!

I think that fisheries and Ireland were the price he was willing to pay. He needs to make some big decisions soon or he will lose a lot of support.

Page 5 of 45 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top