Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:23 PM

Romanian thieves

These men should have to be returned to their homeland to serve out their time, instead we pay to keep them in prison here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-56743693
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:26 PM

Re: Romanian thieves

We were told to beware of the ladies who wore the voluminous skirts. Very often they had sewn pockets inside them, so they could stash stuff while appearing to be empty handed.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
These men should have to be returned to their homeland to serve out their time, instead we pay to keep them in prison here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-56743693
They are just six who were caught and received jail sentences, although our 'soft justice' system means they will probably be 'out' after just 21 months I expect.

They should definitely be deported to their 'home' country if they have one, possibly though they don't so we have to pay to keep them in prison.

Just how many others are there who are involved in similar criminal activities yet to be caught or not as the case may be?

It's time this country adopted some really strict regulations with regard to those who come into this country. No previous criminal convictions to enter would be a good start. Proof of the necessary finances to support themselves or at least a sponsor, plus the knowledge to enable them to work in appropriate employment.

Try and get into Australia or America unless 'squeaky clean', as far as I am aware it's impossible which is how I believe it should be here too.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
They are just six who were caught and received jail sentences, although our 'soft justice' system means they will probably be 'out' after just 21 months I expect.

They should definitely be deported to their 'home' country if they have one, possibly though they don't so we have to pay to keep them in prison.

Just how many others are there who are involved in similar criminal activities yet to be caught or not as the case may be?

It's time this country adopted some really strict regulations with regard to those who come into this country. No previous criminal convictions to enter would be a good start. Proof of the necessary finances to support themselves or at least a sponsor, plus the knowledge to enable them to work in appropriate employment.

Try and get into Australia or America unless 'squeaky clean', as far as I am aware it's impossible which is how I believe it should be here too.
I agree with absolutely everything you say
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 07:51 PM

Kick them out of this country why should we look after them
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 07:52 PM

Exactly that BAZ !!
Send them back to the country who's language they speak, never
mind paper work !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:55 PM

We have a few here too, they are being deported...

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...run-worcester/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:25 PM

Some of these guys will be Roma. Roma are well known for this sort of thing across Europe. The women with the cards and babies, the gangs of kids that rob in cities mainland Europe. It's their way of making a living.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:36 PM

Exactly my view.

It seems that anyone and everyone can come into this country and take full advantage of us: East European criminals, Middle Eastern boat people, Irish Pikeys, etc, etc.

As you say, other countries seem perfectly able to keep out anyone who they don't want and who are likely to do any damage to their country.

Why are we the only exception?

Why are we the only country in the world into which anyone can walk in, commit crimes and get away with it Scot free?

We have taken a great step in extricating ourselves from the corrupt EU and, although our glorious leaders have yet to take more than the half-measures they have done so far, at least we have made the first move.

How long will it be before we can raise our standards of self-protection to those of the two countries you mentioned: Australia and America?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We have a few here too, they are being deported...

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...run-worcester/
I'm not sure about this. The report says that they are to be deported, then later says that they're going to jail.
Which is it?

Let me guess.

They'll be sent to jail for a short period, released early and then quietly disappear before any deportation can be arranged.

Wait and see if I'm right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top