Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:40 PM

Nick Clegg U-Turns on EU

Yes, rub your eyes in disbelief ... as multi millionaire Sir Nick Clegg, the ex-liberal democrat "Liberal in Chief", now the guy in charge of limiting free speech and cancel culture on FaceBook, actually u-turns on his pro-EU stance.

Former deputy prime minister and arch Remainer Sir Nick Clegg has slammed Brussels for letting Europeans down with its sluggish vaccination roll-out and insists something has gone “very badly wrong” with the bloc in recent months.
https://foxhole.news/2021/04/13/nick...into-meltdown/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:50 PM

Re: Nick Clegg U-Turns on EU

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yes, rub your eyes in disbelief ... as multi millionaire Sir Nick Clegg, the ex-liberal democrat "Liberal in Chief", now the guy in charge of limiting free speech and cancel culture on FaceBook, actually u-turns on his pro-EU stance.

https://foxhole.news/2021/04/13/nick...into-meltdown/
He has a well balanced opinion! About two things you can therefore be sure. He is not a conservative and he is not a brexiter.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
He has a well balanced opinion! About two things you can therefore be sure. He is not a conservative and he is not a brexiter.
Three things.

".. something has gone “very badly wrong” with the bloc in recent months."
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Three things.

Only fanatics believe their idols are without mistakes and can't accept there are downsides to everything and everybody. I'm sure you cannot list 10 downsides of brexit?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Only fanatics believe their idols are without mistakes and can't accept there are downsides to everything and everybody. I'm sure you cannot list 10 downsides of brexit?

That is not the thread topic Solly!

This however is, and extremeley accurate it is too:
"I think the EU has let itself down and more important has let millions of Europeans down..."
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2021, 04:14 PM

That is not the thread topic Solly!

This however is, and extremeley accurate it is too:
"I think the EU has let itself down and more important has let millions of Europeans down..."
I agree, but only a fanatic doesn't allow for downsides and accepts them.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-04-2021, 04:20 PM

I agree, but only a fanatic doesn't allow for downsides and accepts them.
No fanatics here then.
I'm perfectly reasonable and logical ........... a feat beyond your beloved EU by all appearances.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2021, 04:31 PM

No fanatics here then.
I'm perfectly reasonable and logical ........... a feat beyond your beloved EU by all appearances.
You're discussing with me, not the EU. But obviously you are unable to differentiate. Note, that is characteristic of fanatism.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-04-2021, 04:43 PM

On here, a thread with only a fragile link to brexit? No, there are better moderators than you preventing that.
That won't be you then.
(I'm not a moderator here BTW and nor do I profess to be.)
I'm enjoying the debate so much I might return to see how long you take a holiday for next time ..........

As a comment on the Cleggy link above says (and you might like to take heed) :
'Teacher at the College of Europe and vociferous Remainer, Jon Worth told Clegg to “kindly f**k off back to the Facebook job”.'
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:43 PM

Three things.

I’m sure fishermen and many businesses would use the same three words to describe Brexitas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top