Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 07:45 PM

Re: Brussels opposes UK entry to the Lugano Convention legal pact

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It is emberrasing, but the EU is neither quick, nor ever the first. So the EU announced they intended to invoke art 16 of the NI protocol, they didn't. Neither were they the first to do it, it was last year the UK threatened to break the WA in a circumspect way. The UK beat the EU on both counts.
Forget it. I have given up repeating the fact that the EU did not invoke art16 but only considered it. Some keep ignoring this truth.

As the German saying goes: "Es kann nicht sein, was nicht sein darf"
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Forget it. I have given up repeating the fact that the EU did not invoke art16 but only considered it. Some keep ignoring this truth.

As the German saying goes: "Es kann nicht sein, was nicht sein darf"

They put a hard border up in Ireland.

They invoked article 16 by doing so.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They put a hard border up in Ireland.

They invoked article 16 by doing so.
Were you in trading pharmaceuticals or in gesting?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:27 PM

That bit in bold you already admitted I was right when you said we rolled over our trade agreements.

Here is the definition from Wikipedia

Here is what you said on the BRINO thread...

You should think before you post and get your story straight. You're all over the place.

As for the Lugano Convention, you've been agreeing with me for the last 4 or 5 of your posts. The only other contribution your making is insults.

You are wrong regarding contract requiring amendment now the U.K. is not party to the Lugano Convention so no I’m not agreeing with you. Why don you always try to twist thing that aren’t going your way by stating that people are agreeing with you?

The trade agreements have been rolled over and I merely congratulated you for finally understanding as when I first joined this forum you were adamant that the EU contracts could be novated. Both I and Swimfeeders tried to explain why you were wrong but you either couldn’t or didn’t want to understand which is probably why you have now resorted to Wiki. Perhaps you should look back on your old posts or as Swimfeeders

Just so you understand, the difference between rolling over a contract which is in effect copying it
whereas
Novating a contract involves terminating the contract with one party and and assigning all rights to a another party which is completely different and the EU would never have agreed to

Im not holding my breath though
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You are wrong regarding contract requiring amendment now the U.K. is not party to the Lugano Convention so no I’m not agreeing with you. Why don you always try to twist thing that aren’t going your way by stating that people are agreeing with you?

The trade agreements have been rolled over and I merely congratulated you for finally understanding as when I first joined this forum you were adamant that the EU contracts could be novated. Both I and Swimfeeders tried to explain why you were wrong but you either couldn’t or didn’t want to understand which is probably why you have now resorted to Wiki. Perhaps you should look back on your old posts or as Swimfeeders

Just so you understand, the difference between rolling over a contract which is in effect copying it
whereas
Novating a contract involves terminating the contract with one party and and assigning all rights to a another party which is completely different and the EU would never have agreed to

So now we don't need to amend contracts ?

Your all over the place again.

I can't make you understand this so I've tried to help by giving you information fro Wikipedia.

If you still don't understand then that's your problem. I've explained this about 12 times now - that should he more than enough for anyone.

Novated contracts replace EU with UK (as an example) so your still contradicting yourself.

Stop wasting my time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:53 PM

Casting pearls beforea swine! 🤐
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 06:34 AM

So now we don't need to amend contracts ?

Your all over the place again.

I can't make you understand this so I've tried to help by giving you information fro Wikipedia.

If you still don't understand then that's your problem. I've explained this about 12 times now - that should he more than enough for anyone.

Novated contracts replace EU with UK (as an example) so your still contradicting yourself.

Stop wasting my time.
Yes, I realise that education is indeed wasting your time but I just cannot let ignorance prevail when it may misinform and mislead others

So for the thirteenth time (according to your calculation) I’ll explain to you what Novation is to you and hope that the proverbial light bulb gets switched on, although I’m aware that 13 is deemed to be an unlucky number

Here we go

Novation is the process by which the original contract is extinguished and replaced with another, under which a third party takes up rights and obligations duplicating those of one of the parties to the original contract. This means that the original party transfers both the benefits and burdens under the contract.
Novation is also only possible with the consent of the original contracting parties as well as the new party.

Rollover agreements are called so because they roll over similar provisions of an existing agreement into new agreements and do not terminate the original agreement. It requires no consent of the original parties unless there are copyright provisions.

So, rolling over and novation are two quite different processes and so post Brexit no trade agreements have been novated, only rolled over and the agreements the EU have with other parties have not been terminated

Let’s hope this is thirteenth time lucky although I somehow doubt it

Here’s something a little more. Reliable than Wiki😁

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-la...t-and-novation
Banchory
Kent

27-04-2021, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Casting pearls beforea swine! 🤐
It seems that way
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-04-2021, 07:39 AM

Yes, I realise that education is indeed wasting your time but I just cannot let ignorance prevail when it may misinform and mislead others

So for the thirteenth time (according to your calculation) I’ll explain to you what Novation is to you and hope that the proverbial light bulb gets switched on, although I’m aware that 13 is deemed to be an unlucky number

Here we go

Novation is the process by which the original contract is extinguished and replaced with another, under which a third party takes up rights and obligations duplicating those of one of the parties to the original contract. This means that the original party transfers both the benefits and burdens under the contract.
Novation is also only possible with the consent of the original contracting parties as well as the new party.

Rollover agreements are called so because they roll over similar provisions of an existing agreement into new agreements and do not terminate the original agreement. It requires no consent of the original parties unless there are copyright provisions.

So, rolling over and novation are two quite different processes and so post Brexit no trade agreements have been novated, only rolled over and the agreements the EU have with other parties have not been terminated

Let’s hope this is thirteenth time lucky although I somehow doubt it

Here’s something a little more. Reliable than Wiki😁

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-la...t-and-novation

Your also explaining how contracts are rolled over. If you want to carry on splitting hairs then be my guest.

Like I said, I'm future find out what it is you want to post about first, it will stop me and others on here putting you right through many iterations of your denial.

You really are wasting my time now so I'll not explain again. My explanations are in your posts ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-04-2021, 06:12 PM

Your also explaining how contracts are rolled over. If you want to carry on splitting hairs then be my guest.

Like I said, I'm future find out what it is you want to post about first, it will stop me and others on here putting you right through many iterations of your denial.

You really are wasting my time now so I'll not explain again. My explanations are in your posts ....
If you re-read your comments in the thread "flexible extension??" you can see how you embarrased yourself, big time!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top