Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:32 AM

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Difficult to know if Boris was ever prepared to walk away from negotiations and accept a no deal Brexit. I suppose we will find out at some point in future.

EDIT: You get the car sorted?
I'm willing to give Boris some slack.
I'll begin to trust him when he gets us out of the EU completely and regains all that is ours. Until that, he can go and whistle!

Car? We bought our car on 1 March. In most respects, it's a very good car, but I have grown to dislike the usability of the Sat Nav and 'infotainment' screen. Certainly not as easy to use as the Mk7.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by bread ->
fisheries should never have been part of our trade deal with the eu in the first place. No other country has fishing rights as part of a trade deal and neither should we.

Northern ireland is part of the uk, it is as much part of our country as kent is. The sheer stupidity of putting a border down the irish sea is both reckless and unnecessary. It breaks the gfa and also uk union law and its intent is to allow the eu divide our nation and break it up. So far it's working.

Fisheries and the northern ireland protocol should be torn out of the tca and we should walk away from the whole thing if need be. Having any kind of agreement with the eu over trade is an open invitation for them to dick us around.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
But you said the deal was bad for the UK. So, I therefore assumed you had read the agreement in full in order to form that viewpoint. You have now said you haven't read it all. So my question is why come to that conclusion if you haven't read it? Would you criticise a movie without seeing it? Or a book without reading it. Would you ask a friend for his opinion of a movie he hadn't seen?

My comment about the behaviour of the EU over the last few months wasn't an opinion and today I hear they have taken action and are suing the only international pharmaceutical company who produced a vaccine at cost. All because they messed up with their contract with Astra Zenica. How does that look? Woeful, embarrassing and very stupid that's how. Thank God we are out.
Hey at least you agree that I did not claim that you hadn't read the TCA. However you do not provide evidence for the "embarrassing behaviour" of the EU. I am fine with that, no problem. Being embarrassed or finding something embarrassing is highly depending on someones personality I think.

If you re-read my posts you will find that I find the TCA very much in favour for the EU and not "bad for the UK". I provided two examples of topics which are highly important for the EU: fisheries and services (80% of your GDP). There is no dispute about this I guess. And of course leaving the EU ist the most important point. That is why I am astonished that the TCA was agreed by the UK *althought* those two highly important points are not included in a sufficient way.

About reading tha TCA: I must admit while reading parts of it I realized that I (being no legal expert) would probably not understand everything correctly. At some point I decided to quit reading and relied on the assessment of much better skilled people. I could imagine you did the same.

Lastly about judging books/films without reading/seeing it: I agree that judgement without reading/seeing at all does not make any sense.

However after reading portions a judgement may be possible. My favourite example is the Quran. I cannot read in the original language therefore I am reading a German translation of parts of the Quran. There I found parts which I definetly do not like at all! In my opinion that allows me a personal judgement. If you ask me now wether I like it, I can say no.

Finally there is another thing that we agree about: Thank god the UK is out.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'll begin to trust him when he gets us out of the EU completely and regains all that is ours. Until that, he can go and whistle!

Car? We bought our car on 1 March. In most respects, it's a very good car, but I have grown to dislike the usability of the Sat Nav and 'infotainment' screen. Certainly not as easy to use as the Mk7.
I've been cutting Boris slack ever since WE gave him his landslide
majority in the last election !!
It has become obvious to me that neither he, nor Lord Frost are
prepared to stand up for UK in any dealings with EU !!
In fact I have never actually heard Frosty say a single word on the
negotiations he is supposedly still conducting with EU ??
And never seen anything published either come to that?
So the only conclusion l can come to is that the two top guys in this
traversty now consider brexit done despite the fact that fishing
has been kicked far away into the long grass at the last session of
"negotiations" by the EU, with the full approval of both of our
"Negotiators"!!
In other words, WE HAVE BEEN SHAFTED !! ITS OVER !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-04-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I've been cutting Boris slack ever since WE gave him his landslide
majority in the last election !!
It has become obvious to me that neither he, nor Lord Frost are
prepared to stand up for UK in any dealings with EU !!
In fact I have never actually heard Frosty say a single word on the
negotiations he is supposedly still conducting with EU ??
And never seen anything published either come to that?
So the only conclusion l can come to is that the two top guys in this
traversty now consider brexit done despite the fact that fishing
has been kicked far away into the long grass at the last session of
"negotiations" by the EU, with the full approval of both of our
"Negotiators"!!
In other words, WE HAVE BEEN SHAFTED !! ITS OVER !!
Sadly, it's beginning to look that way. I suppose that Boris & Co. are mainly working for themselves and their business associates. Admittedly, most people do work for themselves and their friends.

Whether it's over depends on us, the voters. If the Conservatives fail to do what the majority of voters want, hopefully the voters will look elsewhere.

Obviously, this will require good sense, observation and a willingness to change.

Sadly, many people still see only the choice of two long-established parties, and the other one (Labour) would be like signing our national death warrant!

We get what we deserve.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=7779311;2079571]Hey at least you agree that I did not claim that you hadn't read the TCA. However you do not provide evidence for the "embarrassing behaviour" of the EU. I am fine with that, no problem. Being embarrassed or finding something embarrassing is highly depending on someones personality I think.

If you re-read my posts you will find that I find the TCA very much in favour for the EU and not "bad for the UK". I provided two examples of topics which are highly important for the EU: fisheries and services (80% of your GDP). There is no dispute about this I guess. And of course leaving the EU ist the most important point. That is why I am astonished that the TCA was agreed by the UK *althought* those two highly important points are not included in a sufficient way.

About reading tha TCA: I must admit while reading parts of it I realized that I (being no legal expert) would probably not understand everything correctly. At some point I decided to quit reading and relied on the assessment of much better skilled people. I could imagine you did the same.

Lastly about judging books/films without reading/seeing it: I agree that judgement without reading/seeing at all does not make any sense.

However after reading portions a judgement may be possible. My favourite example is the Quran. I cannot read in the original language therefore I am reading a German translation of parts of the Quran. There I found parts which I definetly do not like at all! In my opinion that allows me a personal judgement. If you ask me now wether I like it, I can say no.

Finally there is another thing that we agree about: Thank god the UK is out.[/QUOTE.
I'llaave

Yes, even the EU and the UK remainers all agree that UK has left
the EU !!
I find this as very suspicious ? As if they are trying to convince the
rest of us that brexit has actually happened ??
When it is apparent that it has not, witness fishing talks suspended
for 5•5 yrs and then further talks as no decisions have been taken
to finally resolve something before that date. ??
Once again our politicians have failed us !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 12:09 PM

the EU !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Isn't that what politicians always do? Fail us. We see it everyday in Germany. When you consider what types of guys go into politics and if your see their CVs, sometimes you want to cry.

Honestly, I always respected the deep wish of the Brexiteers to cut all ties with the EU. Although of cours I cannot empathize with that wish and the connected feelings, I am sure that the wish should be fulfilled.

It made me somewhat angry not knowing any details of what (and how) was negotiated during the last year.

Who knows, if the "experts" here are right, maybe the EU will be history very soon and then you can concentrate on the future.

Lets see what happens this evening in the EU parliament...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 12:18 PM

the EU !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Hi donks! You have to distinguish between leaving the EU and brexit. Your EU membership was terminated, but brexit is not done by a long way. For years to come there will further negotiations between the EU bloc and your third country.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Hi donks! You have to distinguish between leaving the EU and brexit. Your EU membership was terminated, but brexit is not done by a long way. For years to come there will further negotiations between the EU bloc and your third country.
Just as always exists between any two countries that trade with each other you mean.

The way the EU is heading with it's share of global trade in serious decline it will soon be the EU that's an even worse outcast than it is now while the UK on the other hand prospers within trade groups like the CPTPP.
I wonder if things like that are why so many industry insiders and global forecasters suggest that the UK is going to be one of the western world's fastest growing economies for the next few years at least?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I meant the issue you had connecting the phone?

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top