Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:22 AM

Re: Luckily the brits take their tea with cream

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Mmm, seems imports are down too, seems a lose lose situation to me for businesses in both camps over the politicians petty spite.

This has always been the problem with the EU, the political project is sacrosanct and the population is just cannon fodder, but at least we saw sense and left thank goodness.

The EU really is looking quite ever more childish these days...
On the world stage the EU looks like a banana republic.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yes, all the world is a stage, and the EU, china, usa, russia are the big players. The rest are figurants.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The EU really is looking quite ever more childish these days...
The last time I saw Macron he was waving his arms around and shouting looking for all the world as though he was goose-stepping and attempting a nazi salute!

I was a remoaner but the way Macron and Merkel have behaved - I'm glad we're out!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The current Boris led government is leading the world in the banana republic stakes.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The last time I saw Macron he was waving his arms around and shouting looking for all the world as though he was goose-stepping and attempting a nazi salute!

I was a remoaner but the way Macron and Merkel have behaved - I'm glad we're out!
Now why do I find it hard to believe you, perhaps it’s your use of the derogatory term “remoaner”.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Now why do I find it hard to believe you, perhaps it’s your use of the derogatory term “remoaner”.
Believe it - or not - as you wish, but the way the EU behaved during Brexit has convinced me we're better off out! I've often felt we were treated as the underdog of Europe, due mostly because of the behaviour of Macron and Merkel, but that behaviour became so much worse during our exit negotiations. The bullying nature of M&M as the dictators of Europe was sickening!
Banchory
Kent

03-05-2021, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Believe it - or not - as you wish, but the way the EU behaved during Brexit has convinced me we're better off out! I've often felt we were treated as the underdog of Europe, due mostly because of the behaviour of Macron and Merkel, but that behaviour became so much worse during our exit negotiations. The bullying nature of M&M as the dictators of Europe was sickening!
We never really engaged with the EU and it shouldn’t be a surprise to you that the EU were not going to let us have our cake and eat it and we’re going to adopt a tough negotiating stance.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top