Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 02:10 PM

Re: Past; Present and Future do they really exist?

Originally Posted by bret ->
for the foolhardy this topic has been discussed in international science journals - I came across it once and left my precises on a yankee site that I can no longer access - bummer heh - but it is there for the finding if you've got the timings? Because as humans we have been conditioned for so long in believing in time and even letting it dominate our lives it is difficult to suspend all that and look afresh - but if you can it is mind bending -; time bending ; universe bending. I might also recommend an American series called Through the Wormhole - presented by the actor Morgan Freeman - if you can troll through the series you may come across something on time - but it could take you a long time in the past, present and future!!

I have seen through the wormhole. It was a very interesting series.

I also like multi-universe theory. Are there really points in our lives where we jump from one to another?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have seen through the wormhole. It was a very interesting series.

I also like multi-universe theory. Are there really points in our lives where we jump from one to another?
Yes, its called Making a Decision And Suffer The Consequences
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 03:06 PM

now now pixie - well have to send you off into another universe soon! in about 30 mins got ya watch on ? haha

wow ya doin well LD if you fully understand Multiverse as it is often known - not seen as a true science by many but still well debated in the literature - all cards are open on the table imo - the scientists argue as much as we do about this and that - we are all guessing and clutching - I do love a nice clutch occasionally don't you.

here's a link about mulitverse I need to study it more myself too - I;m just budding!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiv...scribe%20them.
bret
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 03:40 PM

The multiverse is a hypothetical group of multiple universes.[a] Together, these universes comprise everything that exists: the entirety of space, time, matter, energy, information, and the physical laws and constants that describe them. The different universes within the multiverse are called "parallel universes", "other universes", "alternate universes", or "many worlds".
well there ya go from the above quote so that I get? of course there could easily be other universes why would we think we are the only one - we haven't got telescopes that reach far enough; other machines that can fly far enough - getting to Mars has been a hell of a journey. we are taking teetering steps within our own cosmos.

but I am always excited about the talk of black holes - those mysterious physical phenomena that could lead to other universes ? - and lets not forget mysterious flying objects sighted by many and not disclosed by the military - and even the suggested captured aliens and their crafts - what is that phrase " There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” yes of course.

we are designed as a species to search and are unable to stop - so lets step out into the great unknown - oh well after dinner anyway
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 04:26 PM

I suppose that when you think about it, the present doesn't exist as everything is moving forward in time so you can only have a future and a past.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I suppose that when you think about it, the present doesn't exist as everything is moving forward in time so you can only have a future and a past.

That's true. The present is so small, that it cannot be measured.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 07:20 PM

The present is a gift.... Albeit a tiny momentous gift, but still...it is never guaranteed
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2021, 07:25 PM

If you fancy some more Quantum mystery;

Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yep! Life consists of memories and anticipation. There is no 'now'.
bret
bret is male 

22-05-2021, 01:26 AM

well how about just as a bit of divergency we have come from the past heading to the future and using the bi-pedal called present to get there?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top