Join for free
Page 10 of 56 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 08:51 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by Omah ->
No, he didn't .....

We aren't getting the full story because the government are lying .....

No, we don't ..... we need to shoot them to encourage others like him to obey the rules .....

You aren't getting the full story because your not prepared to wait. As usual the univariate thinking of the left always gets in the way of an intelligent conversation.

Shoot people who don't obey the rules, you say ... ahhh the caring left
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 09:31 PM

Dominic Cummings, didn’t break any laws, he just broke the rule.
I am sorry, Omah but if it were my children, l would do exactly the same.
It’s what parents do.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dominic Cummings, didn’t break any laws, he just broke the rule.
I am sorry, Omah but if it were my children, l would do exactly the same.
It’s what parents do.
If you want to break the rules then you should face the consequences of your actions. Having children does not excuse a parent of those rules. You may disagree but the rules are there for a reason.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
If you want to break the rules then you should face the consequences of your actions. Having children does not excuse a parent of those rules. You may disagree but the rules are there for a reason.
Dodge, Do you have children?

In my book..... The safety of your children is paramount.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 10:34 PM

In my opinion the Lefty - Liberal - Remainers in the Media and The Opposition are not really interested in whether Dominic went on a long journey, necessary or not

What they really want to do is to force him to resign, or be sacked in another attempt to try to delay Brexit
And from their spiteful point of view it would have the added bonus of punishing him for going against their superior position by helping to carry out the clear wishes of the majority of the Electorate
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
In my opinion the Lefty - Liberal - Remainers in the Media and The Opposition are not really interested in whether Dominic went on a long journey, necessary or not

What they really want to do is to force him to resign, or be sacked in another attempt to try to delay Brexit
And from their spiteful point of view it would have the added bonus of punishing him for going against their superior position by helping to carry out the clear wishes of the majority of the Electorate
Exactly...
Amac
North East of Scotland
Amac is male  Amac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 11:12 PM

Contributions 100
Views 900
Minds changed 0
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dodge, Do you have children?

In my book..... The safety of your children is paramount.
AFAIK, his child was in the same danger when travelling 300 miles in the back of a car up the motorway and spending 14 days in another house with the parents and (probably) mixing with others (including the vulnerable) before travelling 300 miles back again.

In the meantime, the infected parents risked spreading the virus along the route they travelled (if they stopped for refreshments, toilet breaks, etc) and amongst those they came into contact with in Durham (and beyond, it now seems).

Of course, Cummings may have been taking his child INTO danger - there may have been a local outbreak of the virus, of which he was unaware, in Durham.

If every worried parent had followed his example then the motorways would have been full of families travelling "home" .....

Fortunately, most of them had more sense .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
So what? He did nothing that the vast majority of the rest of us would not have done under what were exceptional circumstances. I certainly would have without a second
thought.
So what? He's the adviser to the PM who issued the guidance that's so what. Were he not in the position that he is in we would not have a thread about him. Not really sure why the discussion here is treating him as an ordinary member of the public. He is not.

Someone on an LBC phone in about the DC situation said that SAGE haven't met since mid April and the Govt have stopped taking their advice because it contradicts what they would like to do. If true then it makes a mockery of the whole situation we are in.

I'm still interested in why this morsel of news was released now and why it was suppressed until now. Something's afoot.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So what? He's the adviser to the PM who issued the guidance that's so what. Were he not in the position that he is in we would not have a thread about him. Not really sure why the discussion here is treating him as an ordinary member of the public. He is not.

Someone on an LBC phone in about the DC situation said that SAGE haven't met since mid April and the Govt have stopped taking their advice because it contradicts what they would like to do. If true then it makes a mockery of the whole situation we are in.

I'm still interested in why this morsel of news was released now and why it was suppressed until now. Something's afoot.
What's more interesting is why hasn't any new media reported about it. I've just been looking at many of the news media online sites and not one has mentioned about SAGE not meeting since April. More specifically, both the Guardian and the Independent tabloid's have been hot on covering any spec of slip ups, hiccups. mishaps or errors, no matter how insignificant they are regarding the Tory party since the pandemic started and there is nothing about SAGE not meeting since April and these two papers in my opinion would be the ones to pick this up and report it but they haven't.

It therefore has to be questioned if what the person on the LBC phone in said is true.

As i said in a previous post, people should follow by example and in this case Cummings set that example by being adviser to the PM but yet he didn't follow his own example which makes it worse.

Page 10 of 56 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top