Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 03:35 PM

Re: Teeth Whitening

Swish quarter a spoon of Coconut Oil most mornings for around 10 minutes keeps your teeth white and also stops gum infections.
Now you can either swallow afterwards no ill effects or spit out preferably into a plastic bag and put in the bin. Don't put it down the sink it may harden and start blocking it.
I know a few people that swallow and they say it also does your body good.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Swish quarter a spoon of Coconut Oil most mornings for around 10 minutes keeps your teeth white and also stops gum infections.
Now you can either swallow afterwards no ill effects or spit out preferably into a plastic bag and put in the bin. Don't put it down the sink it may harden and start blocking it.
I know a few people that swallow and they say it also does your body good.

Blowed if I'd risk swallowing it then Longfellow!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:34 PM

Have you actually tried this yourself Longfellow?
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Have you actually tried this yourself Longfellow?
Yes Carol been doing it now for over a year.
I used to suffer a lot with mouth infections thrush and ulcers sore gums. Mainly due to various meds I have been on. Anyways all behind me now and yes it does also whiten the teeth but not The Osmond white. :lol

There are so many good reports about what coconut oil can do for you and its all natural. By the way I am now weighing in at 77kilos from 94 in just over a year. I am not sure why because I don't diet I eat whatever I like. That is also a known effect of coconut oil, so perhaps it is helping.
Here's just one report for you, and you can make up your own mind. It actually says don't swallow but what the hell it hasn't done me no harm "Yet".
Is it possible that Coconut Oil can be used to get Whiter Teeth Naturally?

Coconut oil is making a miraculous comeback after generations of being treated as a “bad oil”. Today there is no limit to the amount of health benefits that it is touted to support.

It can be used as a hair conditioner, skin lotion, sun block, sun tan enhancer, healthier oil for cooking, enhance weight loss, heal infections. It is reported to help with diabetes by controlling blood sugar. It is being studied as a benefit to Alzheimer patients.

It is good for the liver, the kidney, the heart, the pancreas and bones!

It is very affordable, only around $15 a jar and can be found in places like GNC, Amazon or most local health food stores.

Science already has proven that coconut oil helps the body absorb calcium. This 2007 NIH study found that coconut oil will enhance oral calcification. It falls short of claiming it will whiten teeth, but let’s try and connect the dots.

Coconut oil has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. The anti-bacterial nature supports claims that it can help Whiten Teeth. By adding the oil to your daily morning routine the less bacteria in your mouth results in less plaque build up. Less plaque build up could mean whiter teeth naturally.

There are two common methods to using Coconut Oil for your teeth. Oil pulling, or adding it to home made tooth paste.

Oil Pulling is an Ayurveda process, which dates back an estimated 5,000-10,000 years and is widely considered one of the oldest methods in the world for treating illnesses.

The basic steps for oil pulling is simple. Take one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around. Then spit it out.

It is best done in the morning before you eat or drink anything. The oil needs to be swished around in your mouth for 20 minutes. This is important. Less than that and it might not work.

The swishing part has a technique to it. You want to make sure to aggressively swish back and forth, side to side to ensure every bit of your mouth is covered. Once done swishing, spit the oil out into the toilet, not your sink! Coconut Oil becomes a solid at temperatures below 76 degrees so keep it out of your sink drain. Lastly, brush your teeth as you normally would

It is important to remember not to swallow the oil! After 20 minutes the oils may have bonded to toxins in your mouth and you do not want to swallow them.

The benefits of pulling is supported by scientific studies that conclude “Oil pulling can be used as an effective preventive adjunct in maintaining and improving oral health”.

If oil pulling does not appeal to you then don’t fret. You can still test the method by simply using it on your tooth brush.

A common recipe might include two tbsp of Coconut Oil with 3 tbps of baking soda. Make a paste out of this combination and then apply it to your tooth brush. Set your egg timer, and rinse when finished. (See our Tips page)

No matter which method you choose to try, there is growing evidence that you can use coconut oil to get Whiter Teeth Naturally.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 08:51 AM

Oooo I couldn't swish for 20 minutes ! Vertigo you know ........
longfellow
Chatterbox

25-10-2014, 09:13 AM

Me neither Patsy, I do it as long as I can stand it.
I find it best to walk around the garden or sit at the computer and browse. It takes my mind off it and it does get easier believe me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 09:36 AM

Me neither Patsy, I do it as long as I can stand it.
I find it best to walk around the garden or sit at the computer and browse. It takes my mind off it and it does get easier believe me.
I recently bought a large jar of edible pure coconut oil to use on me scalp. I also wanted to try it so took a teaspoon, ugh it wasn't nice at all - maybe I will try again, its not gonna block our pipes as we are so hot inside, that's my theory anyway
longfellow
Chatterbox

25-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I recently bought a large jar of edible pure coconut oil to use on me scalp. I also wanted to try it so took a teaspoon, ugh it wasn't nice at all - maybe I will try again, its not gonna block our pipes as we are so hot inside, that's my theory anyway
Precisely Patsy I cannot see us dropping below 76 degrees. I must admit it was a little easier for me because I love the taste of coconut. It's just that initial half spoon of fat substance in my mouth but after a minute it all becomes fluid and swishing is ok after that.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 02:26 PM

I'll just stick to my Beverley Hills toothpaste, that seems to be doing okay.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top