Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Re: 'Starpath' Street Lighting

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Pity it didn't show the path at night. Anything to reduce the street lighting so that I can see the stars .
I would have thought that as the light is all directed upwards the light pollution would be worse than well designed street lights.

When I was in the UK a couple of years ago I was struck by the lack of stars at night even on clear nights but that might have been due to light pollution or because I have grown used to the southern hemisphere stars. I don't know.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 01:20 AM

Just back from Cambridge. Went through Christ’s Pieces twice and no sign of it. Asked when picking up my ticket and one person screwed up nose the other said very disappointed with it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Oh that is disappointing to hear warleyron - I was hoping for a glowing (pun intended) report.

Thank you for having a look and letting us know.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 12:57 PM

All a bit vague really. How much light does it emit and for how long? When running in the dark just a little sheen on a wet surface helps so presumeably a track covered with this stuff might prove a godsend but would you feel comfortable walking along it on a pitch black night? Need more info but the idea is great.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 10:40 PM

Not fully onversant on this one. Is it like solar lighting and needs so many hours sun to make it work?
If they do the pavements as well, it would have to be a different colour to the road, else we'll all get run over.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 11:58 PM

If the link is still working Mups, the pavements glow a kind of blue colour - it looks very pretty. I was curious about how much light it actually throws out as they're thinking of replacing street lights with this stuff. I do think for rural areas (such as where I live where there are no street lights after midnight and out in woollyback country, there are non at all so this would be a really good idea and environmentally friendly (until the electricity providers can think of a reason why it isn't )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
If the link is still working Mups, the pavements glow a kind of blue colour - it looks very pretty. I was curious about how much light it actually throws out as they're thinking of replacing street lights with this stuff. I do think for rural areas (such as where I live where there are no street lights after midnight and out in woollyback country, there are non at all so this would be a really good idea and environmentally friendly (until the electricity providers can think of a reason why it isn't )

Good point BV.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top