Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 01:27 AM

Fibromyalgia treatment - natural

A friend of mine who's 65 has fibromyalgia & wants try to control it without medication. Does anyone on here have this condition or know someone who does? Any suggestions for non medicinal help?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 06:58 AM

Re: Fibromyalgia treatment - natural

Wish I did gal, had this for years now, fortunately its become on and off.
I know stress pays a major part in flare ups, so she needs natural remedies to help with that. Also ......
Arnica gel on the areas giving grief helps for a while. A large pump bottle is the best buy and is available from QVC.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 08:47 AM

I would try to heal the body, and in particular, the gut. A 'leaky gut' can lead to all sorts of auto-immune conditions.

The GAPS diet/book is worth looking into imo.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 02:20 PM

Thanks you two She lives in South Africa, I'll pass on the information
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 02:55 PM

I have fybromyalgia, (& arthritis) have tried various treatments, at the moment I'm on codeine mostly because everything else has unwanted side effects. Nothing really helps with the constant pain but, I find distracting yourself with hobbies and interests help a lot and give you a lift, it could be very depressing if you allow yourself to dwell on it.
Strange, I lived in SA so may originate from there, apparently lots of expats suffer from it and also MS, which was my first diagnosis, for 6 years.
Laughter is my best recommendation!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

04-06-2014, 03:05 PM

Thanks Twizard, yes she's very upbeat with a good sense of humour but I can imagine it's not very nice living with Fibromyalgia. Keep laughing Twiz & Patsy & I hope you have more better days than worse
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 03:09 PM

I joined a support group, found the postings on FB useful but, the meetings made me want to throw myself behind a bus! Some folks are very self absorbed and talk of their condition constantly, must make them & their families feel worse!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I joined a support group, found the postings on FB useful but, the meetings made me want to throw myself behind a bus! Some folks are very self absorbed and talk of their condition constantly, must make them & their families feel worse!
Moaning constantly about your problems does you or the people listening no good at all !
We need uplifting distractions, the past 2 weeks have been hell for me, God why would I want to inflict my misery on anyone else !
Twiz - keep going gal x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2014, 09:42 AM

Would like to add though (to the above post) sometimes you've got to let that inner scream out - Twiz mentioned 'constant' moaning of a problem, which really does no good ....... To do that is having no escape from the problems so I find a distraction helps ......
kierra
Nashville, TN
kierra is female 

11-06-2014, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
A friend of mine who's 65 has fibromyalgia & wants try to control it without medication. Does anyone on here have this condition or know someone who does? Any suggestions for non medicinal help?
Here you go AutumnColour, don't know if this is what you're looking for, but, this crap will CURE ME of EVERYTHING that I may have because my heart would NEVER SURVIVE this !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top