Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 06:32 AM

Re: Fibromyalgia treatment - natural

Ooooer - don't think so gal
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by kierra ->
Here you go AutumnColour, don't know if this is what you're looking for, but, this crap will CURE ME of EVERYTHING that I may have because my heart would NEVER SURVIVE this !!

Kiera darlin' that looks wonderful. Would be very warm as snakes are not, as generally thought, slimy.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:12 PM

Here you go AutumnColour, don't know if this is what you're looking for, but, this crap will CURE ME of EVERYTHING that I may have because my heart would NEVER SURVIVE this !!

Unfortunately kierra I can't view it. I will send my friend any info I thought was helpful, thanks!
kierra
Nashville, TN
kierra is female 

14-06-2014, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Unfortunately kierra I can't view it. I will send my friend any info I thought was helpful, thanks!

You really don't want to view this, AutumnColour. I don't see how some people can do this massage therapy !!!
kierra
Nashville, TN
kierra is female 

14-06-2014, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Kiera darlin' that looks wonderful. Would be very warm as snakes are not, as generally thought, slimy.
Don't tell me you actually would "enjoy" this, Uncle Joe ??? Instant heart attack for me !!!!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 07:37 AM

My 45 year old stepson has had it for 10 years. He can't work and is unmarried and miserable. He has monthly pain infusions at the hospital and says that is the only thing that works long term.

The hard part is that when the infusion is coming due and therefore not as effective, he gets very down and it's a continual cycle of up and down. The family does what it can for him but it's not easy.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 11:47 AM

Don't tell me you actually would "enjoy" this, Uncle Joe ??? Instant heart attack for me !!!!

Kiera darlin' as a child, for 7 months I lived with my Grandparents in India. The bungalow we occupied had no ceiling, we looked straight up into the rafters. In the Monsoon the snakes (King Cobras) don't like the 'wet' and climbed up the supports into the rafters chasing the mice and rats up there. From time to time, whilst moving from one rafter to another one would 'miss' and plop down on the floor, & rise up with an angry 'hiss'. King Cobras grow over 6 feet in length and their bite is deadly. Every bungalow had its own resident snake exterminator - a mongoose. I also had a 'pet' Tiger cub too.
Jeana
Oregon, USA
Jeana is female 

01-11-2014, 11:01 PM

On the subject of fibromyalgia and natural treatments, my niece, who is 41 yrs. old, was diagnosed many years ago with fibromyalgia. Her mother, too. I truly am wondering whether things like lifestyle can affect the symptoms of this condition much.

Her mom has worked full time all the years since her diagnosis. She has a good attitude and also has tried to keep the symptoms as much at bay as possible (even though I know at times she's in a lot of pain) by use of medication, regular walks, fresh air, multi-vitamin & mineral supplements, lots of fruits & vegetables, taking D3 & B12 to keep her energetic, soaking in a warm tub, and by finding things that are fun to do. She explains that my niece's fibromyalgia is actually much worse than her own, but I can't help wonder whether my niece has actually made her case 'worse' by her attitude & lifestyle choices, which are the polar opposite of her mother's. My niece refuses to consider this and she's become a huge burden to her mother.

For those of you who have Fibromyalgia, do you feel that attitude and lifestyle choices affect quality of life?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 08:48 AM

I think its more a case of personality - some people cope better with pain because of their general positive outlook .......
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jeana ->
On the subject of fibromyalgia and natural treatments, my niece, who is 41 yrs. old, was diagnosed many years ago with fibromyalgia. Her mother, too. I truly am wondering whether things like lifestyle can affect the symptoms of this condition much.

Her mom has worked full time all the years since her diagnosis. She has a good attitude and also has tried to keep the symptoms as much at bay as possible (even though I know at times she's in a lot of pain) by use of medication, regular walks, fresh air, multi-vitamin & mineral supplements, lots of fruits & vegetables, taking D3 & B12 to keep her energetic, soaking in a warm tub, and by finding things that are fun to do. She explains that my niece's fibromyalgia is actually much worse than her own, but I can't help wonder whether my niece has actually made her case 'worse' by her attitude & lifestyle choices, which are the polar opposite of her mother's. My niece refuses to consider this and she's become a huge burden to her mother.

For those of you who have Fibromyalgia, do you feel that attitude and lifestyle choices affect quality of life?
I absolutely do think that attitude affects quality of life. In my experience, those with genuine fibromyalgia seem to fall into two camps - those who have a positive attitude and get on with whatever they can, and those who sit back once 'labelled' and blame it for everything wrong in their lives.
Then again, that probably applies to most illnesses.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top