Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:44 PM

Re: Motor Neurone Disease

Cate, you are an inspiration. Such a strong woman. Best wishes to you and your husband. You both deserve it so much
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 12:07 PM

I do my best but the hardest thing is to be upbeat, I put his socks on and joke that my sock management skills are improving.
Cate having been in a similar position (but with a different cause) I know how hard it can be and how very tired you can get .
Try to do something restful and relaxing when you can to help prevent your getting too tired and if you need a good cry have one

I hope things are easier for you when you move to the bungalow x
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Thanks Meg, I do get tired but I get frustrated too. When things don't run smoothly Keith gets stressed and needs his ventilator. I sometimes do really silly things like today I forgot to send a very important document recorded delivery. He became so stressed and what with blaming myself, and the frustration of 'why did I not do that?' I am all over the place.

Sometimes I just don't think clearly and even small things can go wrong and when they do they seem huge.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 04:57 PM

Hi Cate. As has been said many times before on this thread, you and Keith ARE an absolute inspiration. There is nothing much one can say about the awful situation that you find yourselves in except to say you have many friends on here who care and are praying for you daily. Lots of love to you both always XXXX
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 06:43 PM

Thank you EZ you and everyone here are a comfort to me. I don't have to walk out of the door to find you and when we move you will still be with us. It is a hard time and some days are better than others. Project bungalow carries on on Saturday when we go with an architect to have a look at one that needs gutting and the loving.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top