Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Re: All over mystery rash!

Heat rash maybe?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Carol I'm wondering if you have caught something off one of your grand children,you started with a cold a few days ago .could it be German Measles?
My first thought was german measles which are under the skin rather than on it.
This is a rubella/german measles rash...

Carole if you feel ok I would stay away from chemists and doctors, you can always ring your doctor if you are concerned.
Rubella is usually a mild disease unless you happen to be pregnant.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 09:33 AM

I have no idea Carol, but hope you feel better soon.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 09:36 AM

How are you today, Carol? Looks pretty bad, hope you have managed to get an idea what it might be and get some treatment. Calamine lotion is always my first choice with itchy rashes but you need to know what it is first.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 10:06 AM

How are you Carol ?
Hope you went to the pharmacy to get it checked ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
How are you Carol ?
Hope you went to the pharmacy to get it checked ......
Not if it's german measles - dangerous for pregnant ladies.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 11:22 AM

If it is German measles it would be a little late to start worrying about being contagious:

German measles is contagious and will require an incubation period of 14-21 days. German measles is most contagious before the rash appears and then for about 5 days afterwards.

I hope you are rash free today Carol and no longer itching.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 11:25 AM

I was itching like mad last night so at bedtime I took two pititon (antihistamine) tablets together. One of their side effects is drowsiness. They really knocked me out. I didn't wake up until 10.30am.
The rash is a lot better this morning - still there but seems to be fading. Also not so itchy - that's thanks to the piriton I expect.

I'm out later today so may pop in the chemists to ask the pharmacists opinion.

Thanks for the answers every one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was itching like mad last night so at bedtime I took two pititon (antihistamine) tablets together. One of their side effects is drowsiness. They really knocked me out. I didn't wake up until 10.30am.
The rash is a lot better this morning - still there but seems to be fading. Also not so itchy - that's thanks to the piriton I expect.

I'm out later today so may pop in the chemists to ask the pharmacists opinion.

Thanks for the answers every one.
Carole if you think it is german measles/Rubella please do not go to the pharmacy .
Some years ago my pregnant friend contracted Rubella and was advised to abort her baby which she did.

There are of course vaccinations for it these days but there is a big gap in some age groups who are not vaccinated due to the people who refused it because of scare stories.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Carol I'm so glad you feel better. An itch can drive you mad!! Glad it has settled down for you and glad you managed to get some sleep

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top