Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 08:28 AM

Got my acupunture appt

For my bladder problem. It is on 29th October.

It's done in the ankle (as that's where the nerves are for the bladder, apparently) and is supposed to last for 6 weeks. The letter stated there will be other patients there, in a group session, it takes half an hour and to take something to occupy myself. Maybe I can read a paper!

I don't know if this is for the pain, or the urine control. Maybe it's both. Whatever, I can't wait.

My pain clinic appt is the week before so it's all happening this month.

And yes, for the record, I am still suffering.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 09:01 AM

Re: Got my acupunture appt

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
For my bladder problem. It is on 29th October.

It's done in the ankle (as that's where the nerves are for the bladder, apparently) and is supposed to last for 6 weeks. The letter stated there will be other patients there, in a group session, it takes half an hour and to take something to occupy myself. Maybe I can read a paper!

I don't know if this is for the pain, or the urine control. Maybe it's both. Whatever, I can't wait.

My pain clinic appt is the week before so it's all happening this month.

And yes, for the record, I am still suffering.
Good wishes to you Jazzi - this could be the answer for you - hope so x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 09:02 AM

Fingers crossed the acupuncture helps, Jazzi.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 09:31 AM

it will be wonderful if it helps your problem Jazzi.
Fingers crossed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Thanks folks. I hope it works.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Hi Janet I do hope the acupuncture helps , you seem such a stoic person ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Janet I do hope the acupuncture helps , you seem such a stoic person ....
Thanks Meg. But you've not seen me when I've been crying!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 10:21 PM

I had my first acupuncture session 2 weeks ago and I've been totally pain free since, I've had severe pain in my back and calf muscle for many years following a car accident, no NHS treatments worked, nor has the pain meds so this is nothing short of a miracle!

I hope it works as good for you Janet, I've ordered a Tens machine which should arrive tomorrow and I know that will keep the pain at bay
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 12:06 AM

I'm really interested in acupuncture and Tens machines and any other form of alternative pain relief because my husband suffers badly with arthritis in his knees and is in a lot of pain. He's tried neither of these things so I'm keeping a close watch on these health pages to hear how they work.

Honey I hope the acupuncture works for Janet as well as it has for you. Do you mind me asking why you need a Tens machine if the pain has gone? Does this mean the acupuncture only offers temporary relief?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 01:19 AM

Carol, I too have arthritis, it affects my lower back and my knee, I was talking to an old gentleman who regularly visits the chinese acupuncture clinic, he has a matter of months to live and his treatment has helped him tremendously, he has the stamina of a much younger man and is still able to walk miles without pain.

I've only had one session but was told I'd need to go every week for a few months then probably monthly sessions however, they aren't going to tell me to buy a Tens machine but after using theirs I was no longer in pain so I decided to try one out for myself as a booster and it's kept the pain at bay so I haven't needed to go back for further treatments but I'm happy to go once a month as it's deeply relaxing as they also do a wonderful deep massage that makes me sleep like a baby!

I didn't know if they were just trying to get me to visit more often than needed for the money, £30 per session which is why I decided to buy a machine and use when needed however it was battery operated and soon stopped working so I returned it to Amazon and my new electric Tens should arrive tomorrow, I can't wait!

If I find that the Tens works over a period of time I wont need to pay for further treatments but for now I'm happy to have a couple more sessions just because it feels so good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top