Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:09 PM

Healing herbs.

The herb comfrey is called 'Old knitbone' for it's apparent ability to heal broken bones. I wonder if it might be worth me taking this as my ankle (which I fractured in July) is still feeling a bit weak. I've turned it over a few times when walking normally and keep getting small twinges of pain..

Does anybody know anything that will encourage healing?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:24 PM

Re: Healing herbs.

Just looked this up Carol - sounds good to me - gonna get some for meself
Has good reviews - heres the link ......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natures-Aid-...=comfrey+cream
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The herb comfrey is called 'Old knitbone' for it's apparent ability to heal broken bones. I wonder if it might be worth me taking this as my ankle (which I fractured in July) is still feeling a bit weak. I've turned it over a few times when walking normally and keep getting small twinges of pain..

Does anybody know anything that will encourage healing?
I hate to be a Job's comforter Carol but I snapped a tendon in my ankle some 30 years ago and it still gives me a slight nagging pain occasionally.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I hate to be a Job's comforter Carol but I snapped a tendon in my ankle some 30 years ago and it still gives me a slight nagging pain occasionally.
Should have gone to 'Comfreys' ...... maybe
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Shame about that Alan - it doesn't sound as though it bothers you too much though thank goodness. I'm just clutching at straws really. The thing I enjoy doing most is rambling in the countryside & I don't feel able to risk it now.

I've just ordered some Comfrey ointment - thanks for the link Patsy.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 02:21 PM

All I can say about comfrey is that it makes a great liquid feed for veg-if you can stand the stink. And believe me the brew does stink
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Not familiar with Comfrey, but have you tried bone broth? It is meant to be excellent to help repair the body.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 05:12 PM

The homeopathic name for Comfrey is "Symphytum" Carol. You would be able to send for it from Ainsworths Homeopathic Pharmacy, they are usually very helpful if you ring and ask if they think that the best remedy first, rather than just send for something you are not sure how best to use.
I believe you can get tablets, ointment or the pure tincture from them. They would advise.
It says in my book here: "it is of great use in penetrating wounds to bones,
non-union of fractures, and injuries to sinews and tendons..
It promotes effective healing of fractures and should be used in all such cases (along with Arnica), to ensure adequate callous formation and optimum resolution".

(I only know about it because it is used on animals too)!

If you want Ainsworths number, let me know.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

04-10-2014, 05:45 PM

Thank you Mups.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

04-10-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Not familiar with Comfrey, but have you tried bone broth? It is meant to be excellent to help repair the body.
No - I never have Azz. Have you personally tried bone broth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top