Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 08:33 AM

Re: Healing herbs.

A book i have on Natural remedies suggests the following for herbal pain relief.

30ml (18oz) valerian extract.
15ml (1/2 fl oz) white willowbark extract.
7.5ml(1/4 fl oz) ginger extract.

Mix the extrats and store in a dark glass bottle. Take half to one teaspoon of the mixture in 60ml (2 fl oz) of water up to 4 times a day.

Turmeric as an anti inflammatory, take 300mg twice daily or add to food curries soups etc.

Arnica, in gel form 3 x daily, but dont apply to broken skin I have tried Arnica as a homeopathic treatment, it did not work for me.

Personally im a bit old fashioned and would use a support bandage when i went out walking and probably take Ibruprofen / Codeine tablets over the counter at the chemists.

Book also suggests 5 drops of Eucalyptus and Rosemary essential oils added to a bath and soak for 15 mins, (add a nice drop of falling down water internally) my suggestion and that would be my choice.

Hope you find something that helps.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Personally im a bit old fashioned and would use a support bandage when i went out walking and probably take Ibruprofen / Codeine tablets over the counter at the chemists.
Good advise Norm.

But if Carol wants to use comfrey, the chemicals in comfrey might have a healing effect and reduce inflammation when applied to the skin, but avoid applying it to broken skin and topical use should not last longer than 10 days.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No - I never have Azz. Have you personally tried bone broth?
I make broth for use in my stews and sometimes drink it by itself, it's actually quite nice and very warming
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 06:13 PM

Would you tell me/us how to make it please Azz?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top