Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 09:03 AM

Re: Anyone else hurting after their flu jab?

I've had bad arm ache before, but not this time for some reason
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 10:22 AM

I had mine on Saturday and I am usual ok, but this time I felt grotty for the rest of the weekend. Even my arm was sore, it is still a bit inflamed this morning but I am feeling better now.

My husband who had his at the same time has had no problems at all other than it being a bit sore around the jab.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 10:52 AM

I have mine tomorrow. Normally it feels slightly tender for a day or two but rather suffer that than flu.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 11:23 AM

Im with you Venus. About the flu jab it is better than having flu.

My husband and I was only saying the other day we did not even have a cold last year. For him that was a blessing as he suffers greatly with them.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 04:07 PM

No not yet...mine's tomorrow.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 06:50 PM

I was offered a 'flu jab last week!

The nurse took me by surprise because I started saying "Aren't they just for older people?" when she cut-in and said 'You've got there now!"

Apparently, as I have asthma I'm supposedly more likely to catch 'flu, or so she said.

I've declined, mainly because in the past three years I've had a cold here and there but shrugged them all off in 2 -3 days tops but nothing else so I'd prefer not to have this. stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I was offered a 'flu jab last wee

I've declined, mainly because in the past three years I've had a cold here and there but shrugged them all off in 2 -3 days tops but nothing else so I'd prefer not to have this. stevmk2
A cold is nothing like flu steve.

As an Asthmatic you are in the 'at risk' group.
shirley
Gloucestershire

15-10-2014, 11:05 AM

I too was offered the flu jab a couple of years ago Steve and like you thought it was only for older people.

I don't class myself in that bracket yet (Im only 57)

With having asthma I was told it would be better for me. It may be best to have it Steve.

I know cold is different to flu but as I said previously I did not even have a cold last year.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 11:46 AM

I may be wrong perhaps Pats can put me right but I thought asthmatics were offered it not because they are more likely to catch flu but because they were more likely to die from it ! If that's the case I would be there like a shot I think.

Had mine a couple of weeks ago and bit of an achy arm for a couple of days was the only problem, nothing to complain about really given the risk to not having it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I may be wrong perhaps Pats can put me right but I thought asthmatics were offered it not because they are more likely to catch flu but because they were more likely to die from it ! If that's the case I would be there like a shot I think.

Had mine a couple of weeks ago and bit of an achy arm for a couple of days was the only problem, nothing to complain about really given the risk to not having it.
You are right Julie in that if you have asthma and get flu there is a chance it will be more severe and you could require hospital treatment.

I am always first in the queue for my vaccination I am pretty sure if I get flu in addition to my asthma and other chest problems I will be very ill.
I already get continuous chest infections most winters .

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top