Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 01:33 PM

Re: Anyone else hurting after their flu jab?

I've had two bouts of flu and don't ever want to catch it again!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Just back from having My jab,Doc' did say it may ache for a day or two,but it never has before...I too have had flu' twice when I was younger...prevention's better than cure that's for sure.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
A cold is nothing like flu steve.
As an Asthmatic you are in the 'at risk' group.
I know Pats but I'm a bit loath to having jabs or medications unless I actually have something that requires it.

It's a bit like all these antibiotics that get over-prescribed all the time.
Are the jabs and just-in-case medications likely to affect your immune system's normal responses?

I while back I saw my doctor about a persistent problem in one ear and he gave me antibiotics.

No effect at all so I went back but this time saw an excellent locum who said it was one of two possibilities, bacterial or fungal and he said his first choice for ear infections would have been anti-fungal cream, which he then gave me.

It cleared the problem in 2 days but one wonders why my own doctor prescribed antibiotics first - do you see what I mean?

I've got another appointment coming up soon so I will ask this time if I really should have it and if they say Yes - well OK then.

If Julie, Meg, shirley AND Pats say I should then I should! stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I know Pats but I'm a bit loath to having jabs or medications unless I actually have something that requires it.
Prevention in many cases is better than cure steve.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Prevention in many cases is better than cure steve.
Had the Flu jab for the first time last year at the end of Oct.

Felt rough and off colour all the way through November and at the start of December came down with full blown flu which lasted for six days.

Never ever again will I have the Flu jab.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Had the Flu jab for the first time last year at the end of Oct.

Felt rough and off colour all the way through November and at the start of December came down with full blown flu which lasted for six days.

Never ever again will I have the Flu jab.

It’s about twenty years since I had the flu real bad, I have never had the injection and I have heard of people having the flu jab and still getting a bad dose of flu, the wife is always at me every year to get it but I have always resisted, however I was going to have it this year but after hearing your story I’ve changed me mind. I don’t mind a bit of soreness, but if you can still get the flu after getting an injection to prevent it then something is obviously wrong with the recipe.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 05:53 PM

Annoyingly, it is STILL hurting, a week later! But don't let that stop any of you having the jab. Please.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Annoyingly, it is STILL hurting, a week later! But don't let that stop any of you having the jab. Please.
Try the ice pack in a tea towel Janet
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I may be wrong perhaps Pats can put me right but I thought asthmatics were offered it not because they are more likely to catch flu but because they were more likely to die from it ! If that's the case I would be there like a shot I think.
Yes Julie you are correct...asthmatics are at a higher risk of respiratory complications if they contract flu.
Pats
Lincolnshire

16-10-2014, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s about twenty years since I had the flu real bad, I have never had the injection and I have heard of people having the flu jab and still getting a bad dose of flu, the wife is always at me every year to get it but I have always resisted, however I was going to have it this year but after hearing your story I’ve changed me mind. I don’t mind a bit of soreness, but if you can still get the flu after getting an injection to prevent it then something is obviously wrong with the recipe.
The flu jab doesn’t cause flu as it doesn’t contain live viruses, however, you may experience side effects after having the jab, such as a temperature and aching muscles for a couple of days afterwards and your arm may feel sore at the site where you were injected.
The flu vaccine only protects against flu, but not other illnesses caused by other viruses.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top