Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 01:53 PM

Re: Question for the ladies about menstrual cycles

Very late 50s - can' t pinpoint it as had mirena coil inserted in effort to stop it as I was so old. Can go onto 60s. Lived with the humungeous clots etc., always anaemic. It's hereditary and my daughter suffers badly and has just been told she can't stay on pill because of migraines with aura so she will be back to bleeding constantly. When she was 12 consultant said there was nothing wrong but 'normal' ranges from 1 day to never stopping. Still, I suppose it's still better than being a man!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:13 PM

I also had very heavy intermittent periods before they stopped altogether, it was a bit like having a weeks worth in a day and could be extremely embarrassing as they sometimes appearing without warning..

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
Very late 50s - can' t pinpoint it as had mirena coil inserted in effort to stop it as I was so old. Can go onto 60s. Lived with the humungeous clots etc., always anaemic. It's hereditary and my daughter suffers badly and has just been told she can't stay on pill because of migraines with aura so she will be back to bleeding constantly. When she was 12 consultant said there was nothing wrong but 'normal' ranges from 1 day to never stopping. Still, I suppose it's still better than being a man!
Poor girl Rosemary my migraine was helped after about 20 years following a conversation with a pharmacist in Boots who suggested I asked my doctor about Migril which is not a pain killer ...

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/aches-and...es/migril.html

if I took it at the onset of an attack I could often stop it in its tracks.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:16 PM

So from reading your posts, it can stop anywhere from 40's to late 50's. Yikes.

I'm already dealing with the anxiety issues, that started about early 40's for me. The heavy legs I can relate to as well, plus body and joint aches that leaves me hobbling around barely able to move some days.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:23 PM

I was still taking mine up until January this year, when I had an oopherectomy for a dodgy looking ovarian cyst. They obviously stopped instantly after that and I were straight into surgical menopause. I'm 56. I was glad to see the back of them
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:23 PM

I never had that problem L M S O
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I was still taking mine up until January this year, when I had an oopherectomy for a dodgy looking ovarian cyst. They obviously stopped instantly after that and I were straight into surgical menopause. I'm 56. I was glad to see the back of them
My cousin's stopped after she had a D&C.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
My cousin's stopped after she had a D&C.
Oh geez, don't mention D & C. I had one at the outpatient clinic and thought I was only going in for a chat!!

I like your avatar - Simon's cat - I love it
Linda0818
USA

27-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Oh geez, don't mention D & C. I had one at the outpatient clinic and thought I was only going in for a chat!!

I like your avatar - Simon's cat - I love it
Thanks, I have two kitties and a lot of the Simon's Cat videos I can *SO* relate to

Yeah, my cousin keeps encouraging me to go have that done, saying it could very well stop my periods altogether. But I don't know. I've done reading on that as well and some women said the absence of blood was only temporary. If it were guaranteed permanent, I might consider it. But stuff like that scares me anyway, just like messing with hormones scares me.

Some things, in my opinion, just weren't meant to be tinkered with.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:40 PM

Thank god I stopped at the age of 48 and no hot flashes so far, when did you start? I started at the age of 11 years.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:53 PM

My periods stopped about two years ago when I was 55 there was no lead up to it, they just stopped.

Until I was having a lot of stress in July, what with my brother dying at a young age and other things I had a very bad period out of the blue. Just as we were about to go away for a few days. It was heavy with clots and I was well miffed I can tell you.

I have not had hot flushes yet, I have been warm a few times though, my legs and joints hurt, I have mainly got rid of the migraines.

Aint life grand as a woman.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top