Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:41 PM

Tingling lips

I was in the middle of watching Cagney and Lacey when suddenly my top lip felt strange, it was tingling and numb at the same time, I started to feel anxious then a little faint, checked in the mirror and thankfully I hadn't had a stroke although that had been my first thought because of my family history.

I popped across to my local pharmacy, they did my blood pressure and it was in the upper limit of normal.

Anyone had this happen? I'd be interested in your thoughts on this, I think I panicked more because I live alone and didn't know what to expect next, scary moments for sure!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:46 PM

Re: Tingling lips

Yes I've had a tingle now and again - not unusual gal - these things are sent to torment us
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:47 PM

I often get this Honey .... usually results in chapped lips I have been told (can't remember by whom ) that it is viral and can be brought on by stress .... I've had it for years so I'm used to it now ... I just slap Nivea on my lips

Another thing is that whenever I go to the seaside I get chapped lips
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:53 PM

I've never had it before and being such a hypochondriac I get myself all worked up assuming I've inherited everything on my mum's side! If you remember I was with her when she had her first stroke although she wasn't aware of it, after that she went downhill fast
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I've never had it before and being such a hypochondriac I get myself all worked up assuming I've inherited everything on my mum's side! If you remember I was with her when she had her first stroke although she wasn't aware of it, after that she went downhill fast
Ah - don't worry gal, that will lead to more problems, I know its hard to put to the back of your mind, but it is true.
Just carry on and enjoy your life, don't fret about what 'might' be x
I wasn't kidding about the tingle, it is common, especially from the cold to the warm ......
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

03-11-2014, 06:04 PM

thanks Patsy, forever the voice of reason thank God!

It's coming up to the first anniversary of mum's passing which is on my mind, just want to get over that day, it wont be easy
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-11-2014, 06:08 PM

thanks Patsy, forever the voice of reason thank God!

It's coming up to the first anniversary of mum's passing which is on my mind, just want to get over that day, it wont be easy
Tough - and understandable
For you .......
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

03-11-2014, 06:16 PM

aww lovely, ta muchly!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 06:38 PM

I was in the middle of watching Cagney and Lacey when suddenly my top lip felt strange, it was tingling and numb at the same time, I started to feel anxious then a little faint, checked in the mirror and thankfully I hadn't had a stroke although that had been my first thought because of my family history.

I popped across to my local pharmacy, they did my blood pressure and it was in the upper limit of normal.

Anyone had this happen? I'd be interested in your thoughts on this, I think I panicked more because I live alone and didn't know what to expect next, scary moments for sure!
It can be a symptom of low blood sugar too Honey..but commonly caused by anxiety and in the light of the coming anniversary of losing your mum that is very likely. Always worth a mention next time you see your GP though.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

03-11-2014, 06:41 PM

thanks Pats, I think you're right about anxiety, I've recently had a blood test and everything was fine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top