Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 08:54 PM

Re: Watery eye.

Carol I'm sorry you're having this bother with your eye. Such a sensitive area of the body. The GA is the best option, then they'll have numbed it for afterwards. Its amazing the difference even that makes. Mt son was born with a blocked tear duct. Luckily, with daily sterile massages, it came unblocked itself - phew!!

Hope you get all this out if the way and what a difference it will make to you x
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I saw the consultant this afternoon about my right eye which waters a lot - especially first think in the morning.

I had to go through a very unpleasant procedure to discover I'd got a blocked tear duct in my right eye.

The procedure involved inserting a canula into my tear duct and then injecting a saline solution down it. All the time this intense bright light was hurting my eyes but they were being held open. First a nurse and then a doctor had a go at inserting the solution. Apparently if the solution runs into the throat the duct would not be blocked. It didn't run into my throat - meaning my duct was blocked. They tried harder & harder and at one point the doctor injected the solution so deeply that it came out the other side of the canula and I felt the needle deep inside my face - At that point I told them to stop. I thought I was going to faint!

A most horrible experience. I've been referred for an operation to unblock it but thank goodness they will use a general anaesthetic..

I wondered if anyone else has this problem and has had this procedure?
Yes I had this procedure too....not pleasant is it.

And I went on to have the dacryocystorhinostomy as a day patient...that was about six years ago.......all is well now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 10:44 PM

I don't blame you for telling them to stop Carol, enough is enough. What a bloomin' awful experience. Hope you get it sorted out soon. x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 10:39 AM

I could have just about stood it one time but the nurse fetched the doctor to have a go so I had to go through it all again.
It was enough to give me nightmares - I would never go through that procedure again!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 10:49 AM

I could have just about stood it one time but the nurse fetched the doctor to have a go so I had to go through it all again.
It was enough to give me nightmares - I would never go through that procedure again!!
How is it feeling now Carol, hope its not uncomfortable ....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 11:12 AM

It feels ok this morning thanks for asking Patsy - just aches a bit that's all.
To be honest I was expecting to wake up with a black eye!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 01:43 PM

It feels ok this morning thanks for asking Patsy - just aches a bit that's all.
To be honest I was expecting to wake up with a black eye!!
That's what I expected ....... grateful for that at least
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 12:36 AM

I have the opposite problem to your watering eye Carol. I have 'Dry Eye' which is a nuisance, and very uncomfortable sometimes too, even with the drop I have to use.
These things are sent to try us!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top