Join for free
Page 13 of 38 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:45 AM

Re: Breast feeding in public

Originally Posted by Anita ->
It may be their problem but do we really want someone getting a sexual thrill from watching our grandchildren being breast fed
Anita it is not something I would think about. People get sexual thrills from all sorts of things that you probably can't begin to imagine , shall we all keep our children in doors permanently to keep them from being exposed.
I am sure there are men leering at women and children on beaches , shall we close them all or just have people covered from head to foot.

that's not a healthy situation for anyone and no I wouldn't like to see grandchildren dressing in a way which might leave them vulnerable to sexual predators either.
If we live in a society where there is danger we protect ourselves as best we can. There have been so many cases of abuse of children and rape of young girls etc.
You simply do what you can.
what is 'not healthy' for me is that children grow up thinking there is something shameful about the human body.
How children are dressed is nothing to do with breastfeeding.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:59 AM

In my humble opinion....
This thread has become quite ridiculous now.
Where in the world did talk of child abuse and rape come from?????
The subject has obviously polarised the forum, amazingly in probably the same way a 'discussion' on the death penalty or bring back the birch might do. I can't believe it!
There is no discussion as I see it, just a group of people with entrenched ideas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Anita
If we live in a society where there is danger we protect ourselves as best we can. There have been so many cases of abuse of children and rape of young girls etc.
Anita are you seriously suggesting that women breast feeding in public is contributing to the abuse of children
and rape of young girls.
Perhaps the opposite is true and a lack of breastfeeding contributed to this, sexually repressed mothers who were ashamed to feed their sons because breasts are only associated with sex for some.
That would make an interesting study for a student I think

I actually think rapists and abuser in the main are born not made but that is another subject..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-06-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In my humble opinion....
This thread has become quite ridiculous now.
Where in the world did talk of child abuse and rape come from?????
The subject has obviously polarised the forum, amazingly in probably the same way a 'discussion' on the death penalty or bring back the birch might do. I can't believe it!
There is no discussion as I see it, just a group of people with entrenched ideas.
...not at all Ruth if people don't discuss their differing views how will opinions ever change ...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...not at all Ruth if people don't discuss their differences how will opinions ever change ...
I understand what you mean, and i agree with you, but I don't believe that anyone posting here on this particular subject has given the slightest indication that they are willing or even able to change or even modify their opinion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I understand what you mean, and i agree with you, but I don't believe that anyone posting here on this particular subject has given the slightest indication that they are willing or even able to change or even modify their opinion.
Maybe not Ruth but this site is read by more than those who post in this thread and someone somewhere may read it and take a more enlightened view of breastfeeding in public
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

04-06-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Maybe not Ruth but this site is read by more than those who post in this thread and someone somewhere may read it and take a more enlightened view of breastfeeding in public
Yes you're right, I hadn't thought of that. Well, good!!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 11:21 AM

Meg each person is free to do as they see fit. There is absolutely nothing to say that women shouldn't feed a baby as they wish.
I would rather see my own family, daughter and DIL not exposed to the lewd stares which are sadly likely in a world where people are buying breast milk for dubious reasons.
if we lived in a world where all people saw was a baby being fed fair enough.

It's not something I would normally even think about, but I know that the young Mums I know feel happier not being very exposed when feeding unless at home. To me it just seems like the natural thing to do to maintain your privacy just as you wouldn't walk down the street with everything hanging out, well I wouldn't and its nothing to do with being overly modest but more to do with being sensible about things.

I don't think that baring your breasts completely in a cafe when feeding in order to be militant about breastfeeding is of interest to me, Yes our young Mums are entitled to but I would also argue in favour of a degree of privacy if that makes the Mum more comfortable.

In the end it's the person's own choice and I have never thought otherwise, what I'm saying is that I wouldn't have done it and those I know won't do it because they wouldn't be too happy with it either.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 12:18 PM

Anita, those lewd stares are not from decent men, but why let the sick dirty old men rule our lives.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

04-06-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Anita, those lewd stares are not from decent men, but why let the sick dirty old men rule our lives.
I agree Wrinkly, but don't they already?
Ever tried taking a photo of the children at a Primary School Do?

Page 13 of 38 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top